deer decoys,any information on what to look for?

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by ski9393, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

I'm looking into getting a deer decoy.I've never owned one before and would like advice for choosing one. I really would like more info before choosing between a doe or a buck decoy, and what make and model seems to be good. Need to try and keep it under about $150 though, I'm a student, not a millionare. Thanks alot.
  2. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

Howday, My hunting partner is a real good archery hunter. During the whitetail rutt he uses two Montana doe decoys. Whitetail doe 1 and 2 with good results. The thing that makes them good is there light weight easy to pack and photo quality. Cant help with the buck. Good lluck !
  3. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

Thanks! I'll try to research the doe decoy a little more. There is nice B&C quality buck on my family's farm. We have been seeing him for years and I'm sure the only way to down him is going to be during the rut. Hopefully my Hawken and I are up for the challenge.