Deer hunting, any luck?

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by robman2629, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Rneck

Rneck New Member

a small SC 8 point taken on Sat that was trailing a doe.

Attached Files:

2. Rembrandt

Rembrandt Member

Trophy hunting here (Iowa)....passed up a lot of deer, those big boys take a little more patience. Holding out for a 180 class that's been cruising the neighborhood.....once I saw him everything else seemed tiny.
  3. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

You gotta stay away from those Chrysler products. There's a reason that company went out of business....twice.
  4. twobit

twobit Active Member

Saturday (Nov 3rd) was opening day. I live on the ranch so I see them (deer) everyday. I walked out and sat in the blind opening morning with the rifle. Saw three (two doe, one buck) did not shoot at any. I heard very few shots so opening day was not successful to very many around here. Did not really plan on shooting one yet, so I had fun just sitting there watching the sunrise and the deer. Still hot down here in SW Texas. It was 60 degrees at sunrise and in the 80's later that day.
  5. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

1 nice doe and picked out my buck for gun season;)
    Mike
  6. robman2629

robman2629 Member

We are coming in at about half that. Was out tonight, it was 34 degrees outside. Chilly.
  7. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

Yesterday was the first day of primitive weapons. I didn't get to go then but I did today. I got a young doe from about 65 yards with my .54 Hawken. Yeah I know my truck is a catchall.:D

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  8. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

Howdy I have been out 5 times. Have yet to see a deer. Saw 5 on the private land to the north but there anti hunter. This last summer we had record heat and drought. We had no rain from july14 until sept4 dont forget the fires. The dry land corn just down the road grew to 40 inches and stoped. Okay thats enought whining. The deer are here we just need to adjust our methods. That and some cold maybe some snow might do it. To days temp 78. Good hunting and have fun.
  9. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Are there limits on the number of deer you can take Jack? What kind of deer do you have?
  10. robman2629

robman2629 Member

Man, this is the 6th day now and still nothing. We have been following doe and buck tracks like crazy but they all lead to restricted areas. I jumped a couple the other day but the ran right into some housing district. Hopefully theres better luck tomorrow and saturday.
  11. robman2629

robman2629 Member

Out for another couple of days and still nothing except a couple ticks. Saw a couple of big gobblers this morning and wanted to fire so badly because I never saw them when it was actually season but they know how to work it. We sat on a nice area where there were buck and doe tracks, some nice piles of droppings and some scrapes but they never made it back up our way. On the other hand, my lady is quite angry she had to work today and her cousin shot a nice buck up north where we go when she isnt working. Hopefully I can get her something too so she doesnt have to listen to him all year.
  12. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

got a button buck last night. picked the biggest of the 2 doe i saw and it ended up being a button buck, still good meat and summer sausage.
  13. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Got 2 does and a 6 point last week. :D So now I am at 4 for the season. Still got my eye on a big one on my buddies place though.
  14. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

firstdeertwo.jpeg

2nddeertwo.jpeg

First two of muzzle loader. A spike on the one and the other was a 8 pointer but had 2 broken off. At least it's meat for the freezer.
  15. robman2629

robman2629 Member

Regular season ended here. Didnt end up shooting something, no matter how hard I prayed for those does to grow antlers I saw, it never worked. I did help my buddy get a nice 5 pointer a week ago. At least I'll get some meat there!