Deer hunting for State workers in ILL.

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by swiftman, Dec 15, 2009.

1. swiftman

swiftman Member

If you work for the state of Illinois and you call in sick on deer season weekend they are going to check (through the state) if you have a deer permit. If you do then they are going to require proof from you Dr.. Lookout big brother is watching! Hope I don't get Buck fever
  2. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    The way i see it if you are sick, you are sick just because you have a deer permit does not prove that you were deer hunting on the weekend that the season opened.

I think that will be a hard one to enforce, it has been my experience working in state government that they are not that inclined to pursue something they can't really prove.

It means they would have to put some time and effort into it and they ain't about all that.
  3. OBrien

OBrien New Member

If you call in sick and get a deer your kind of caught if you have to tag it. Basically it sounds like they encourage poaching lol :D
  4. andrewan

andrewan New Member

Hello,
    Here are some deer hunting tips:
    1. Look at a map:
    It seems obvious, but just take in the area with a map. With this absract picture in your head, it will be easier to picture where everything is. Also useful for not getting lost
    2. Hire a guide:
    Some hunting locations have guides to show you the area's nuances. The guide will have experience of the area so take on board his advice
    3. Mark hotspots on your GPS:
    If you like mixng technology with hunting, use a GPS to mark trails, food locations, scrapes, anything that will be useful
    4. Plan placement of stands strategically:
    Put your stands in the best locations. Often 40 yrds downwind of a deer hotspot
    5. Put the time in:
    For all the shortcuts, the best and maybe most rewarding is to actually invest time in the area. Walk around, scout, take notes. Get a feel for the area before the season starts and you'll have an amazing advantage
  5. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Sounds like they need a longer deer season or are you talking about the first weekend?