1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Deer Hunting on TV

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by ninjatoth, Nov 29, 2009.

1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

Must be nice,I live out in the woods where there are no cable lines.
  2. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

I have watched those shows of people hunting all over the world,and hunting in different states where huge bucks are,and it doesn't interest me one bit.My perfect hunt would be to hunt right where I grew up,and nothing exites me other than whitetail because it is my native big game that I have eaten since a child.I did get a big buck last year and it is about as big as they come here in Michigan,as far as antlers go,but he didn't taste nearly as good as this year's doe.

Attached Files:

3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

What gets me about some of the shows is they are talking and moving around and the deer come right up to them. Some of them don't even move slowly and are whispering for the camera when the deer is 25 yards away. I have just shifted my weight when deer were that close and had them hear me and take off. I bow hunt and try to anticipate the deers path and move when I first see them. I wait until they are in range and behind a tree or bush and draw. A lot of time the deer will see or sense the motion and stop in the shooting lane. Sometimes you can get away with a lot but when you get a smart old buck coming you better be on your best hunting behavior.
  4. colt

colt New Member

A relative went on a deer hunt in Texas and brought back great pics. Many, many great looking bucks in the so called wild. The last pic. was him holding food and this buck eating out of his hand, man what a HUNT. Sure many of these t.v. hunting programs are about the same, then you get to hear all their expert opinions on the hunt and equipment.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Cable Co. came out a few years ago and strung some cable, mine is the last house on the line.
  6. Rneck

Rneck New Member

I don't know of any recipes about cooking antlers, but I like my deer with milk still on their lips