1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

deer hyunting with a blackpowder pistol

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by remington1990, Dec 15, 2010.

1. remington1990

remington1990 Member

deer hunting with a blackpowder pistol

Can somebody kill a deer with a blackpowder pistol I have heard of people doing it but I don't know how it would work I know it would have to be pretty close range the guy that I heard talking about it was using a cap and ball revolver how would a sidelock pistol be
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  2. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

If you got within 20 ft. maybe. I know here in, North Carolina, and most other, ''if not ALL,'' states it's illegal.
  3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

They make single shot Hunters, I turned oldsemperfi on to one, dont know if he used it yet or not. I believe the biggest restriction you rill run into is the barrel length,
  4. remington1990

remington1990 Member

Here in tn the twra. Guide book said muzzleloading pistols of at lesat 40 cal is legal. the guy I talk to had a long barrel on his
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  5. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    big ugly is right,i killed a small doe at 50 yards with my vortec pistol.i used a 300 grain tc shockwave with a single 777 pellet.i am still trying to get used to the gun but i can shoot a three inch group with open sights at 50 yards.i think with practice and some time i could do better.the 13 inch barrel is scope capable but i plan on keeping it as is. old semperfi
  6. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    ps in indiana you must have a barrel length of not less than 12 inches,it must be a single shot,it also has to be 50 caliber shooting no less than a 44 cal boolit...........................old semperfi