Deer scents. Do they work?

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Bill Sweetman, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I have had good luck in recent years with a doe grunt call and a rutting doe bleat (can) when the rut kicks off and toward the tail end of the rut when bucks are trolling for does. I believe at each of those times the bucks are looking for receptive does and if you sound like one they will move to you. I never use any call a lot but perodically like ever half hour. I remember when I was in NC hunting the bucks down there were pretty vocal during the rut. Up here in NH they are more stoic. I once heard a doe grunting everytime her left front foot hit the ground as she was looking for two skippers she had but usually you just hear a couple of soft grunts.
  2. herrysmith

herrysmith New Member

Hello !!!
    Are you a good deer hunters? Are you interested in it? I would give you some types of deer stand plans to help you to become a professor in hunting deer. Have a look at : deer stand plans:)
    Hope you can choose one suitable for you!
  3. questor

questor Member

My partner who smokes like a steam engine, always harvest a big buck. A few years back, he was smoking away and a 6x6 Elk followed the smell right to his stand. Unbelievable.

Jury still out on the scents.