1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Deer scents. Do they work?

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by Bill Sweetman, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I have had good luck in recent years with a doe grunt call and a rutting doe bleat (can) when the rut kicks off and toward the tail end of the rut when bucks are trolling for does. I believe at each of those times the bucks are looking for receptive does and if you sound like one they will move to you. I never use any call a lot but perodically like ever half hour. I remember when I was in NC hunting the bucks down there were pretty vocal during the rut. Up here in NH they are more stoic. I once heard a doe grunting everytime her left front foot hit the ground as she was looking for two skippers she had but usually you just hear a couple of soft grunts.
  2. herrysmith

herrysmith New Member

Hello !!!
    Are you a good deer hunters? Are you interested in it? I would give you some types of deer stand plans to help you to become a professor in hunting deer. Have a look at : deer stand plans:)
    Hope you can choose one suitable for you!
  3. questor

questor Member

My partner who smokes like a steam engine, always harvest a big buck. A few years back, he was smoking away and a 6x6 Elk followed the smell right to his stand. Unbelievable.

Jury still out on the scents.