deer season insomnia

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by fleetwood1976, Nov 17, 2010.

1. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

I might be admitting to being a little crazy, but I get little sleep during deer season. went to bed at 12:30am and got up at 6:30am ready to hunt. I don't want to come out of the field when it gets dark and it is 12 hrs of grueling time waiting on daylight. Does anyone else get the fever this bad?
  2. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Oh Yeah...call it a bit crazy or not, but I do know the feeling. I havent had a good "gun season hunting time" is a few years, but have had in the past. Myself and about 5-6 others used to go to our deer camp every year and done that since I was about 17 yrs old. Nothing but deer hunting, deer talk and long nights waiting for daylight. We'd make the most of the full week and to tell you the truth, after I got back from deer camp it took some time to recover:D, to get a good full nights rest and back to getting a good hot shower on a daily basis...:eek: Wouldnt trade it for nothing! I'm not sure how this season is going to play out yet, but there is talk we might have at it again if we can all get together. I'm not sure myself if I can get the whole week to have at it, but even if for 2- days, there wont be nothing on my mind but DEER HUNTING!!! In summery I guess, I do know your "Deer addiction/affliction".....:)
  3. Double Deuce

Double Deuce New Member

The night before opening morning I always have a hard time sleeping, after that I do ok though.
  4. Roadkil

Roadkil New Member

I struggle to get to work on time, but when its hunting season I am up before the alarm goes off, the first one into the woods that I hunt, and the last one out should I not shoot anything early in the day.

Gun season is two weeks away and vaction is 2 days away! Come on Friday.