Deer Season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lead, Nov 16, 2008.

1. lead

lead Active Member

It's the 2nd day of deer season here. I walked the dogs about 7am and heard a shot somewhere west of us. It's all farmland out there. Someone may have gotten his deer this morning.
    Good luck to all you hunters out there.
  2. redrick

redrick New Member

My nephew got a 7 pointer Saturday, his biggest so far.
  3. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    Went out opening morning here in Indiana, it was raining and wind was blowing had to finally give it up after i got to wet to stay out there and i saw no deer, but that is part of it.

user New Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    I recommend wearing something in Mexican Yellow in addition to the legally required "Blaze Orange". You know, that color the guys wear when they're working on highways and stuff. The reason is that "Blaze Orange" is identical to "Grass Green" (or alternatively, "Buckskin Brown") to a person with red-green color blindness, and three fifths of all males of Northern European extraction have that condition to some degree. Orange, brown, and green are all the same color to me, and if it's on my (posted) farm and not wearing yellow, it's likely to get shot, orange or no orange.
  5. Thomas_1

Thomas_1 New Member

I know someone that got a 11 point in Franklin County Saturday. I only hunt small game here in Jefferson County and don't hunt during deer firearm season, to many gun happy people out there!
  6. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    This is the second weekend of our rifle season. I didn't get to hunt opening weekend because of work and had to miss most of the week because on an interview but I got to hunt Friday through this morning. We camped and hunted at Lake Greesen WMA and had a great time. I got a doe yesterday and messed up and let a dandy 8pt buck get by me. I did kill a 7pt buck behind my house with my muzzleloader last month. Got meat in the freezer and two more tags to fill!
  7. hammybone

hammybone New Member

Just got home from my lease. Saw a buck walk behind my feeder something must of spooked him because he did not stay long enough to get a good shot on him I thought that he would return to feed on the corn because South Texas has been Dry and the critters are comming to the feeders to eat.... He was just passing through I guess. I will be back next weekend and try again.
  8. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

To that end you may want to check out construction/building supply shops. Most construction stuff these days are moving from orange and silver stripes to orange and yellow stripes- at least out here.

It's not like that fun orange camo they have these days but it would get the job done :D.