Deer to boneless meat chart

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by ninjatoth, Nov 7, 2009.

1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

This is a simple chart to show how much meat to expect from your deer.
    Live weight----------------Boneless meat
    230lbs---------------------47lbs
    220lbs---------------------44.5lbs
    210lbs---------------------42.5lbs
    200 lbs--------------------40.3lbs
    190 lbs--------------------38lbs
    180 lbs--------------------35.7lbs
    170lbs---------------------33.5lbs
    160lbs---------------------31.7lbs
    150lbs---------------------27.5lbs

This is using my mothers' charts on goat processing,so don't trust me 100%,but do trust that it is very similar in numbers to deer.It's just a rough estimate,take for instance if you got a 200lb deer,and your processor gives you only 25 lbs meat back,you know something isn't right.
  2. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    Of course, the "something" might be the amount of meat destroyed by multiple bad shots with expanding bullets.
  3. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

also if you have other meats mixed with the venison,the weight will be affected.And of course goats and deer are a little different,so don't put too much faith in my chart.My last deer was about 175-200lbs and we got back 50 lbs,but we had other meat mixed in.This year we are processing it ourselves,you never know if you are getting YOUR deer back when it goes to a processor.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009