Defense of a "third party" or "property"?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by jce07a, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I definitely ain't a lawyer, but that sounds dumb.

Dog A is chewing on dog B. Dog B's owner should stand aside, and then seek redress in the courts, for damages, as dog B, his property, was "damaged", by dog A?

How about dog B laying there screaming in agony as dog A chews on him? It's okay, because he's just "property"? If dog A chews him into little bitty dog chunks, A's owner can just replace him?
  2. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

3. yellerdawg

yellerdawg Former Guest

4. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

Looking at the totality of the Florida situation, to the extent which is possible, for a person not directly involved, but who has done some independent investigation; I would expect that there will either be an acquittal or two hung juries.

The major news media coverage of this matter can only be called racially biased, and about 90% blatantly inaccurate and unfair. The special prosecutor demonstrated bias in the way that she announced that she was filing information for criminal charges.

It is now appears that this entire matter has turned political. Facts do not matter. Witnesses who have significantly changed their stories are credible. Witnesses who apparently say that they saw the decedent on top of the shooter smashing his head against the sidewalk, and the shooter calling for help, do not matter. A so called expert in the pseudo-science of voice analysis is to be believed when he declares that there is only a 48% chance that the voice calling for help is the voice of the shooter. The decedent's mother is to be believed when she swears that the voice calling for help is definitely that of her 2 month dead son.

Certain racist individuals whose livelihoods and social standing has long depended upon stirring up racial strife have been quite effective in doing what they do best in this case.

May the truth and justice, whatever it is, come out and be done.
  5. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

In my state you can not shoot an animal to protect your property, but you can shoot the animal if it is attacking you and you are "in fear of your life or great bodily harm"... I think in Texas, their version of the castle doctrine allows lethal force in protection of personal property, but I don't know if this applies once you are outside the "domain of your castle"... every state is different, you need to read the self-defense laws of your state and see if it includes provisions for personal property... once the dog was biting you on the hand, and you were in fear of "great bodily harm" you could pull out your gun and shoot the dog in public... of course, if you did not have a permit to carry you would have to answer for that, but at least you would be alive...
  6. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I personally keep my pits out of dog parks.

It's NOT because my dogs misbehave. It's because the majority of people there use dog parks like kid's playgrounds. They let their bratty a$$ mutts run around not watching them at all.

To top it off most dog park visitors use the dog park as a "exercise" time in lieu of a disciplined walk on leash routine. IMHO; dogs need to be fully "exercised" and fully "relaxed" before you let them run loose in a dog park.

I just find a dog park to be the place where "inept" & "lazy" dog owners congregate. So, I just stay away from them.
  7. obxned

obxned New Member

Yeah, you probably could have gotten away with shooting, stabbing, or whatever to the attacking mutt, but what you did is the best possible response.