Delphi retirees rally over theft of pensions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bamajoey, Oct 31, 2012.

1. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

Our wonderful pres is being accused of stealing. Imagine that. Nothing is beyond this worthless maggot. The libs talk about what Romney did with Bain Capital, so lets see if they talk about this.

"The Obama administration terminated the pensions, health care and life insurance of more than 20,000 Delphi retirees during that bailout. Internal Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) emails The Daily Caller published on Aug. 7 show the Obama White House and Treasury Department have consistently misrepresented the decision-making process behind the backroom deal."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/10/n...ensions-caused-by-auto-bailout/#ixzz2Atp4xxZ8
  2. red14

red14 Well-Known Member

A qoute from the story,

''TheDC published additional emails showing those same senior Obama officials’ actions
    enriched their former firms and may have resulted in personal financial windfalls in the
    process.''

Some of that 'transparency' becoming clear.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  3. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

Why surprised ? democRATs, lawyers and unions all steal.
  4. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I know all too well about this. My father was one that had everything stolen from him.
  5. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It's everyones pensions. They have stolen pensions from American workers since the 1970's. It's Wall Street and the Bankers.
  6. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

Most lawyers are Republicans last statistics I saw.
  7. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

I will play Devil's advocate since I am neither Dem or Rep and you need to see both sides of the coin. More people were ripped off by Ken Lay and Enron and Enron and Kenny were in deep with the Republican party. Did you complain about that? I knew a guy who's father-in-law worked for Enron over 30 years and he lost every dime he had in retirement which was over $2 Mil.
    Doesn't matter which party, both suck us dry...unless you make a quarter mil a year then you are golden.
  8. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

Yep, Romney chose Ryan as a running mate because Ryan wants to steal the Railroad workers pensions to "reinvest" somewhere...probably in his pocket. If it is done Romney can point his finger and burn Ryan down the road.

As an FYI I applied with Enron back in the early 90s and their HR was pitching BIG investment....15% minimum or more of your check into retirement. Because it would mean BIG RETURNS FOR YOUR RETIREMENT! Kind of crazy to look back and realize they probably were pushed to do that by Kenny Lay and then Kenny STOLE all that $$$ that those HR pricks were pushing and squeezing out of employees.
  9. FreeSovereign

FreeSovereign New Member

Another ponzi scheme that didn't work out. Big surprise. Look, it's the Dems fault, look its R's fault. Never direct the blame to the willing participants of a Ponzi scheme.