Demcare bribe list to the whores of the Senate

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by questor, Dec 21, 2009.

1. questor

questor New Member

My comment: Time to Lock-N-Load

Article by Michelle Malkin

A month ago, I compiled Part I of the Demcare bribe list as Harry Reid rushed before Thanksgiving to secure his first cloture vote on the government health care takeover. (Quick re-cap: $300 million Louisiana Purchase for Landrieu; $300 million California doctor payments; AARP goodies; abortion and union lobby concessions.)

Here’s Part II of the Cash for Cloture bribe list all in one handy place (hat tip again to my friend ChristinaKB for the apt phrase she first coined on November 21 for the Demcare wheeling and dealing).

GOP Senate leader Mitch McConnell alluded to all this backroom dealing on the floor early this morning before the cloture vote, but lamely refused to name names on the Senate floor.

Screw Senate collegiality. Let the sun shine in.

1. Sen. Ben Nelson’s “Cornhusker Kickback.” The CBO says the Nebraska Democrat sellout’s special Medicaid expansion subsidy will initially cost an estimated $100 million. The Hill reports that while Nelson credited Nebraska’s governor for giving him the idea to lobby for the government preference, Nebraska’s governor assailed the payoff:

“Nebraskans did not ask for a special deal, only a fair deal,” Heineman said in a statement Sunday. In response, Nelson fired off a letter Sunday to Heineman saying he’s prepared to ask that the provision covering Nebraska’s Medicaid share “be removed from the amendment in conference, if it is your desire.”

2. New England’s Special Syrup. Vermont and Massachusetts will get similar (though less generous) special treatment by the feds in covering Medicaid expansion costs. Combined with Nebraska’s tab, the exclusive clique’s payoffs will cost taxpayers $1.2 billion over 10 years. At least

3. Corruptocrat Connecticut Sen. Chris Dodd’s Christmas wish. He’s plunging in the polls and in need of a little bacon to bring home.

4. “Some insurers are more equal than others” tax exemption. The WSJ reports that nonprofit insurance companies will be exempt from a new, nearly $7 billion tax to pay for Demcare. Democrat Sens. Ben “Blank Check” Nelson and Carl Levin of Michigan pushed hard for the tax exemption, which will exempt insurers in their states.

5. The Frontier freebie. Several lucky states will see an increase in Medicare payments to hospitals and doctors, the NYT reports, — “where at least 50 percent of the counties are ‘frontier counties,’ defined as those having a population density less than six people per square mile. And which are the lucky states? The bill gives no clue. But the Congressional Budget Office has determined that Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming meet the criteria.”

6. More Democrat hospital bennies. Also via NYT: “Another provision of the bill would increase Medicare payments to certain “low-volume hospitals” treating limited numbers of Medicare patients. Senator Tom Harkin, Democrat of Iowa and chairman of the Senate health committee, said this ‘important fix’ would help midsize Iowa hospitals in Grinnell, Keokuk and Spirit Lake. Another item in Mr. Reid’s package specifies the data that Medicare officials should use in adjusting payments to hospitals to reflect local wage levels. The officials can use certain new data only if it produces a higher index and therefore higher Medicare payments for these hospitals. Senate Democrats said this provision would benefit hospitals in Connecticut and Michigan.”

7. Bernie Sanders’ socialized medicine sop. He wanted a public option. Instead, he got socialized medicine satellite clinics funded to the tune of at least $10 billion. In his remarks early this morning before the cloture vote, he gloated about the funding as a crucial step toward universal care. Via the Burlington Free Press:

Vermont has 8 community health centers and 40 satellite offices. “New funding would make it likely centers could be opened in Addison and Bennington counties,” Sanders’ home state paper reports.

8. Fla.-Pa.-NY Protectionism. Via Politico: “Three states – Pennsylvania, New York and Florida – all won protections for their Medicare Advantage beneficiaries at a time when the program is facing cuts nationwide.”

And you know there are many more untold payoffs — paid by stealing your money — yet to be stuffed into this bureaucratic monstrosity

Full story:

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/12/21/cash-for-cloture-demcare-bribe-list-pt-ii/
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Business as usual, I fear.
  3. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Corruption runs rampant in D.C.

I am appalled, disgusted and about as angry with politicians as I have ever been. Sadly I am not the least surprised.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The men and women who are running our country today are the lowest of the low. We will have our revenge in part come election day, but how will we ever get rid of this monster? Has anyone thought of how many employees the federal goverment will need to run this program? I have heard that England has had to hire on 2 million people to run their system, how many goverment employees for America?
  5. red14

red14 Active Member

Tit for tat, if this travesty of a Health care bill is passed. When the list is published, of who signed for it, we should/shall vote everyone out.

When I vote, I always take my list with me, just so I don't make any mistakes. Vote them all out!!!
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I think it is time to clean house. Not a Spring cleaning, but a Fall cleaning. These crooks are riding for a FALL!

Pops
  7. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Cleaning ain't quite good enough. Sterilization is what's needed.:mad:
  8. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Red, be ready to vote against who ever is running for Bill Nelson's seat in 2014. His reply to my e-mail urging him to vote against the bill was taken right from the democratic platform. Not surprised, now just pissed.
  9. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    Repeal the Seventeenth Amendment! The Senate was invented to represent the states, not the people. If those bozos didn't have to suck up to the demagogues, the way members of the House of Reps do, we wouldn't be having this discussion at all. Now, instead of the "check and balance" of two houses representing different constituencies, we have one house that meets in two places.