Democratic Rep: Amend Constitution To Allow Control Of Speech

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by GunnyGene, Nov 30, 2012.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Another nudge from progressives. In this case a Dem Congressman. Apparently "We the People" are too stupid for our own good, so he wants to save us from the evil corporations. :bleh:

2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

They want to stop corporations from contributing money to political campaigns.

It's sort of ironic, isn't it? They complain about all the money "big, greedy, evil" corporations donate to the Republican Party, yet are silent about unions donating to the Democratic Party.

I think it would be good to get big money out of politics merely because I think it would stop a lot of political corruption, but if we're going to stop corporations from donating, then unions should be prohibited as well.

Then you get to the question of whether or not individuals should be allowed to donate. If they are, then can't rich people like Soros buy the U.S. elections?

Maybe all money should be prohibited from politics and it should be a public service.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  3. jbmid1

jbmid1 Active Member

Maybe all money should be prohibited from politics and it should be a public service.

That would be a good start!
  4. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

There are other ways to curb the money. An amendment that is targeted at free speech - even if only specific to a "company" - is still an attack on free speech. How long do you think it would take people like this to expand it to include everyone? Imho, about 10 seconds.