Democrats on Guns

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Marlin, Sep 12, 2008.

1. RDak

RDak New Member

The facts for over 40+ years now clearly show the Democratic leadership to be rabidly anti-gun.

The Republicans, by and large, over this same time period, have been clearly pro-gun.

These facts are simply irrefutable IMHO.
  2. knothead

knothead New Member

I think politicians do what is in THERE best interest,little if anything more. Ive rarely seen anything to make me think different. I vote for who best represents my views and values. All of us do {i hope}. the trouble is we cant rely on only what they say they will do. Ive seen some comments about whining on the internet or getting out and doing something. To me , anytime or anywhere and to anyone you express your views to is helping this cause. too many nonshooters have NO CLUE what the shooting sports or guns are all about.Just what they hear or see through the media and the movies. THAT doesnt help at all. A coworker didnt even know such a thing as target shooting even existed. Thats the kind of people that need to be informed. politicians depend on votes for a job. thats where informing the uninformed can help. right or left-- they all bend to voting pressure! thats my 3 cents
  3. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Pick,
    I agree, we should ALWAYS point out when ANY party, or politician within a party, fails in their duty to honestly represent their qualifications, their record, and their obligation to honestly represent their constituencies.

We should follow this doctrine regardless of wither our interest relates to gun rights, abortion rights, voting rights, or any other right or issue that arises is concerned.

For example: Pointing out that Mrs. Palin has flip-flopped on the Bridge to Nowhere issue is not calling her a bad person, it's just pointing out that she's changed her policy; same with ear-marks.

Don't give ANY of 'em a 'free pass' without calling their hand!

There will be days when we aren't the most popular 'posters' on the forum, but if we can make just one of our fellow posters THINK (even if they don't change their mind), the day is a success.