Denial by CA for Handgun

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LDBennett, Mar 9, 2007.

1. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

A friend (to be un-named) attempted to purchase a 22 pistol in California and was told more proof of residency was required. The state wants a driver license and proof of residency. They consider vehicle registration, utility bills, credit card bills, property tax bills as proof of residency. The driver license is no longer enough. This woman is married and every bit of property, vehicles, credit cards, utility bills (all money related objects) is in her husbands name. Nothing is in her name by their free choice. The only documents that are address related that exists for her is the W-2 that she receives every tax year and her Drivers License. She produced a W-2 form with her current address and a copy of her current and valid driver's license and was denied the gun because she did not have any of the CA desired proof of residence documents. This was not the dealer as he is a friend of hers, but the CA DOJ representative who just happen to be in his shop reviewing his records.

The DOJ absolutely refused to allow the gun delivery with the W-2 and a CA DL. When it was explained to the DOJ what the situation was, their fix was as follows: Dump the W-2, keep the CA DL, and draw up a rental agreement between the husband and wife for rent payments and use that document. I might add that a lot of discussion had to go on before the DOJ came up with that fix. They originally were not going to allow the gun transfer. Period! She's suppose to be able to pick it up tomorrow. We'll see if it happens.

Has anyone heard of anything so bogus in all your life? Discard a federal document (the W-2 that the state accepts to pay taxes with) and replace it with a phoney rental agreement as proof of residency!

Your CA tax dollars in action. And another effort by the anti-gunners to make gun owners or potential gun owners life so miserable that they might just give up guns.

CA and its legislature, its DOJ, and its public employees all suck! I know, I should move. Only wish I could! This state plain sucks and is run by idiots.

LDBennett
  2. dge479

dge479 New Member

thats sick, whats up with that crap??
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

4. berto64

berto64 Active Member

I live in Idaho and carry a CCW.

If I am in Cabella's or any other business that sells firearms all I have to do is point to what I want, fill out what used to be the yellow sheet, show my licence & give'm my money and take my new gun home with me.

I know it's not perfect but it ain't Kalifornicate.

Why can't we send our liberals to Europe with the rest of the cowards?
  5. Coltonator

Coltonator New Member

I live in Cali and I'm just about fed up with these liberals. I go to Texas quite frequently and while I'm there I often check out one of the many gun stores(there are very few here) and I once saw a sweet little coach gun in .410. When I went to purchase it I said to the guy, "I have an out of state drivers lincense, will that be a problem?". he says "No sir, that will work just fine."

It turns out California has a law that keeps Californians from purchasing guns anywhere else. It is the ONLY state with such a rule. The salesman said that he could've sold it to me if I had been from any other state.

>:|
  6. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

I have lived in Kalifornia off and on for + 30 years. The politians that do law are stupid - no trick here, so just be sure to fire, shoot, kill, or drown any Californian employed by the government that allows illegal aliens, any futher restrictions on firearms, or denies the need and right of citizens to defend themselves.

Next, do the same to illegal aliens.

This is a simple fix for any terrorists that would leave this country undefended from illegal aliens that are bound to get in, because our government is so stupid. Terrorists don't really care, see?

The next step is obvious - kill the politicians and restructure government to do good, instead of bleeding the populace of blood to satisfy the evil government's thirst.

KEYWORDS: Revolt, make yourself heard, and demand support for the removal from office of worthless politicians.

LL
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

God bless Kalifnornia:mad:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  8. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

My Uncle who has resided in the same house for 50+ years is a retired Hayward Police Officer. Should you ask him he would probably explain to you that ,"That's normal today, how else do you get an illegal to be able to vote.":eek: Think about it. With a Drivers License,electric bill you are a resident. Now go vote big government, IE: Democrat catfish
  9. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

When you think you have heard it all...............California steps in..........:mad:
  10. durk

durk New Member

slight thread drift.) I thought Arnold was a republican? What has gotten into him? Are they pumping water in from Mexico to his Gov. Mansion? His in-laws getting to him? What the heck? He seams to be more of a Dem than a Repub!
  11. LDBennett

Remember, Arnold can't go too far right as he is married to a Kennedy, the liberal rich family that got rich running liquor during Prohibition.

How to fix it all, even across the nation? Get rid of all the lawyers. Think about it.....What is the common denominator to all our problems? Ok, they are not all bad but its got to be at about 99.9%.

LDBennett
  12. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

The DMV is screwed up too. My wife bought a car from Texas. She got it smogged & went to the DMV. 3 trips later & after they have taken her $$ & issued a plate... They say want want to see the previous owners bill of sale. She bought the car from a dealer. & the dealer's title was not good enough! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ARGH!
  13. LDBennett

She got the gun!

As for the DMV, the trick is if one clerk denies you then you just go to another one. The left hand rarely knows what the right hand is doing at the CA DMV.

Here's a CA DMV story for you. A guy builds an exotic off-road race motorcycle using a Rickman frame from England. Those frames are so built as to use the entire motorcycle frame tubes as an oil storage tank for the motor. He takes the finished bike to the CA DMV and they will not accept the Rickman stamped on frame number and insist on using their VIN tag. Guy explains about the oil in the frame and request to go in the back and supervise the mounting of the VIN tag since it was to be held on by pop rivets. DMV refuses, goes in the back, returns to tell the guy the frame is leaking oil. You got it! They drilled into the several thousand dollar frame tubes putting a hole in the motorcycle oil storage tank.

I built a similar motorcycle and CHP was doing the inspection at that time (perhaps because the DMV was full of total idiots). It took a lot of talking and letters that were not answered and threats to the head of the DMV to get them to agree to consider not using their VIN tag, at least the pop-riveted kind. The CHP officer who inspected it said he'd process it with the Rickman numbers and he said it was a 50-50 chance it would go through that way. If it didn't he agreed to work something out so as not to install a permanent oil leak. It went through with the Rickman numbers. The wait to get the inspection was about 6 weeks!

On another occasion at the DMV, the clerk refused the inspection form their employee had just filled out and insisted to re-inspecting the vehicle because the inspector had filled the form out incorrectly. Her supervisior changed her mind after a bit of yelling by me. She then spent 15 minutes researching the laws of Utah where the vehicle was first sold trying to find another way to screw me up.

LDBennett
  14. glocknut

glocknut New Member

and just think for a second... thats what those knuckleheads will eventually do to the rest of the country over time. And we let them.... :mad:

mike
    gn
  15. Tuttle

Tuttle New Member

eye no dis blond gal from kalifrneyea. She liks ta lae in da tannin mashine. We cal her Karot cause she b ornge lik a karot. she got da curves but da tannin mashine musta meltid da innards of her hed.