Denzel Washington, buys Brooks Army Medical Center a house

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by jack404, Aug 1, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Dear Jack ,

I'm forwarding this as your also a sponsor of the Brooks Army Medical Center
    and wish you to know the wonderful news.

As you know each house can help up to 20 families a year , so that's 20 extra
    Veterans families who now can be close to their loved one during their recovery.

Subject: Denzel Washington,
    and Brooks Army Medical Center.
    Don't know whether you heard about this but Denzel Washington and his family
    visited the troops at Brooks Army Medical Center , in San Antonio , Texas ,(BAMC) the other day.
    This is where soldiers who have been evacuated from Germany come to be hospitalized in the United States , especially burn victims.

There are some buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay,
    for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the Hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base,
    but as you can imagine, they are almost filled most of the time.
    While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses.
    He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his checkbook out and wrote a check for the full amount right there on the spot.

The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.

Attached Files:

• DW1.jpg
      DW1.jpg
      File size:
      169.9 KB
      Views:
    • DW2.jpg
      DW2.jpg
      File size:
      132.2 KB
      Views:
    • DW3.jpg
      DW3.jpg
      File size:
      489 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

sorry if the email dont make sense i trimmed out email address's and some side info regarding someone else .. I know the place as this is where i send the roo hides for the burns and IED blast injured and the Lady writing is the Solders Angles boss for San Antoine who is helping me get the next lot through ( i've 50 ready and waiting just need the Ok on what we been asking for )

i know the locals and VFW raised funds for maybe 6 years to build 3 more houses , nice when someone can just cut a cheque for one eh ..
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Great story Jack! Even if he is a Demoncat!