Dep Dawg

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marlin T, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Hay man, I hope you'll be a little more carefull while on duty

LAREDO, Texas -- Frustrated by tighter security on the U.S.-Mexico border, illegal immigrants and drug traffickers are taking it out on U.S. agents, increasingly attacking them with guns, rocks and petrol bombs.
    Assaults against Border Patrol officers rose 10 percent to 843 incidents in the year to September 2006 from the same period a year before, officials say. It is also a near three-fold increase from two years previously.
    Mexican drug cartels, locked in a turf feud and under pressure from an army crackdown, are lashing out at law enforcement officers in Texas.
    "The attacks against us are becoming more brazen. Drug cartels have instructed their people to go down fighting, to do whatever is necessary to get the narcotics through," said Rick Flores, Webb County sheriff in Laredo, Texas.
    He said drug smugglers are increasingly taking pot shots at agents with assault rifles from inside Mexico at night, although no one has been killed.
    They are also using riskier routes to bring drugs across the border, leading to clashes with U.S. law enforcement. Laredo lies across the Rio Grande from Nuevo Laredo, one of the Mexican cities worst hit by a fight between rival drug gangs that killed around 2,000 people last year. The area is a key entry point for cocaine.

In the Yuma sector, which covers a 125-mile (200-km) desert strip in southwest Arizona, attacks on agents rose 60 percent between last October 1 and December 31, official data shows.
    Large groups of illegal immigrants regularly pelt Border Patrol agents with softball-size rocks, fireworks and Molotov cocktails, leaving agents with burns, bruises and head wounds.
    "Immigrants are frustrated and are lashing out. It has reached the point that we are seeing attacks on an almost daily basis," said Border Patrol spokesman Lloyd Easterling.
    In one assault in 2005, a group of rock-throwing illegal immigrants damaged the rotor of a Border Patrol helicopter and forced it to make an emergency landing. TIGHTER SECURITY

Life has become more difficult for illegal immigrants and professional people smugglers.
    President George W. Bush ordered 6,000 National Guard troops to the border last May in a move the Homeland Security Department says has cut the flow of illegal immigrants crossing north by more than 40 percent.
    The U.S. government is also boosting its border-monitoring technology, including trucks with infrared cameras and underground sensors that detect footsteps as well as surveillance drones flying overhead.
    Border Patrol agents are wary of using their weapons after two agents were sentenced to up to 12 years in prison in 2006 for shooting a drug smuggler in the buttocks, officials say.
    The killing of an illegal immigrant in January by a Border Patrol agent infuriated Mexico, which demanded an inquiry.
    "Smugglers are emboldened to attack as agents are hesitant about returning fire," said Andy Ramirez of the Friends of the Border Patrol, a pressure group for greater border security.
    Mexicans are more sensitive about the border since the U.S. Congress voted last year to build a 700-mile (1,100-km) border fence to prevent illegal immigration.
    Rights groups and academics say the rising border violence underscores the need for a U.S. guest worker program and more coordinated campaigns between Mexico City and Washington to cut drug consumption and weaken cartels.
    "The continued demand for immigrant workers and narcotics in the United States means that stronger border security isn't the solution. As a stand-alone policy, it will only increase the violence," said Jose Maria Ramos, a security expert at the Tijuana-based research institute Colegio de la Frontera Norte.
    © Reuters 2006. http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/3/8/162754.shtml?s=lh
  2. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

Sounds like it's time to establish a DMZ. Volunteers line up to the north and shoot anything that moves north from Mexico. Mexico already has strong immigrations policies, so we don't, for the time being, need to stop the southerly flow. Mexico already does that.

Or we could enforce our own long standing laws --- but, we don't. So, the solution is seek, identify, and tax the rich that benefit from the current situation. Won't work, you say? Then just kill them.

LL
  3. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Works for Me !
  4. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Thanks for the post MarlinT I miss it the other day.
  5. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Dang I guess I am just getting older than I thought. Should someone throw a Molotov cocktail at me or start throwing softball size rocks at me. Well I would figure that they were trying to kill this old guy. Afraid I would have to protect myself.After our border patrol agents killed (Yes I stated the K word) several of these rock/fire bomb throwing ILLEGAL, they may think twice about chunking what could be deadly objects at our officers. I hear it on good info that a fellow got slain by the jawbone of an ASS.Now this rant is just my personal thoughts but I firmly believe that our officers have every right to shoot to kill when some A H starts throwing rocks or fire bombs. For those of you that say well our officer could always just leave. Why the hell should he or she leave. The reason they are there is to PROTECT OUR BORDER PERIOD.I can understand that some one wants to come here to improve their capability for caring for their family. Just do it the right way. We are no longer a safe nation when our borders are so open that the illegal transportation of both drugs and illegal aliens is being completed with almost complete immunity.
    KILL'EM ALL!
    LET GOD SORT THEM OUT!
    Oh yea by the way. For any of you who are so much for free borders. Why don't you go to the southern border of Mexico and try to sneak into Mexico. We will see you MAYBE in 15 or 20 years. Thats after someone decides to buy your sorry butt out of a Mexican jail.

CATFISH
  6. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

I think the Border Control guys should shoot all of them that are throwing things at them:mad: .I bet word would spread real fast in Mexico.The only problem is some STUPID judge would probably let the families sue our guys over here:mad::mad:.

Sorry Marlin that statement does not applie to you.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2007