The Firearms Forum banner

department stores brands?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Zane71464 
#1 ·
I have a fascination with the department store brand just wanting to know if I am a the only one who does like them? I have one a jc higgins bolt action 16ga and I have been looking for another one any suggest? Thanks

#6 ·
I had to think about it, but turns out I do have some...

I've got a Sears Twelve Gauge pump action shotgun with very short barrel (great home defense gun), most likely made by Winchester, or maybe High Standard.
I've got a really old (circa 1940's) Single shot bolt action Wards Western model 38 rifle in .22 cal. which was most likely made by Mossberg.
I also still have a Ted Williams (sears) pneumatic pump air rifle that my parents bought me back in the early 1970's that was a re-branded Daisy.

#9 ·
My buddy has a Sears lever action .30-30 which was obviously actually built by Winchester.

It has a really shiny epoxy looking finish on the receiver and a nickel plated loading gate for some reason.

#11 ·
I've had and still do have a few store brand guns and like what I have had and do have!
One being, (that I got rid of some time back) was a WesternField semi-auto 22LR that was about as accurate as they come!
Alot of the old store brand firearms where "name brand firearms" that where sold and stamped with the store brand name on them. Savage and etc..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.