Desert Eagle 1911

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Double D, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I may need to start playing the lotto......
  2. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

According to the book I have, Desert Eagle has not made a 1911.
  3. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. Magnum research bought desert eagle, and is producing a 1911. I just saw it on gallery of guns.
  4. Double D

They have been making them for quite some time. They look nice. I guess we will see. ;)
  5. Double D

Hello, my name is Double D and I am addicted to 1911s.......

I have already tried the 12 step program and that didnt work, I guess I am going to try the 20 step program and see how that works. ;)

Attached Files:

6. ozo

ozo Active Member

Dan has a beautiful .44 for sale very similar to your 'wish list'.......
    and a VERY nice price.....
    Did U see that highboy ???
  7. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You sly dog. I jumped on line to tell you about the Desert Eagle that I fondled tonoght at Sportsmans and I see you bought one. You the man.

The Desert Eagle by Magnum Research that I held tonight had the best trigger over any of the other 1911's in the case. The pistol had a great slide to frame fit and was as presision as any others in the case IMO. There were Kimbers in the case along with Springfield, Remington, Sig, Smith, and Ruger. The one thing I would change on it are the front and rear sights. It costs $699.00 and I put it on my wish list.

Nice pistol Dan.
  8. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

ozo, you are the greatest. Thanks for thinking of me. I would imagine that Dan was chuckling a bit when he listed it knowing that I am addicted to revolvers, especially the Blackhawk. If Dans Ruger had a 4 5/8" barrel I would be banging my head against the wall because I just spent my wad on my Ruger 1911 last Saturday. I only have six 44's and that's just not enough not but the next one I want will be the 4 5/8" Ruger with the nonfluted cylinder.

The Blackhawk that Dan is selling is a great deal. If anybody wants a great deal that is it. Fair price, well kept, not abused. It is not always easy finding them that clean at a price that good. Also, I had that exact gun and the 7.5" barrel is a tack driver. That is the deal of the week IMO. It is obvious he takes care of his stuff.

http://thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=109989
  9. Double D

Took the desert eagle out today for about 50 rounds, fighting off some pretty thick mosquitos in the process. I really like this commander. The trigger is crisp and so far it performed flawlessly, although 50 rounds is no real test, I think this one is going to be a keeper. It is accurate right out of the box. While it is heavier than my other smith commander and other colt compact, its not too heavy to carry by any means and the fit and finish is good as well. I will put it thru its paces over the next couple weeks and will make sure as I always do that it fires all types of ammo and doesnt have any feed problems and run at least 3-400 rounds thru it before I can label it "carry ready". But, for anyone that might be considering one of these, I can say I like it alot and so far I am not sorry I bought it.