Desert Eagle 44 Magnum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CD Woods, May 14, 2009.

1. CD Woods

CD Woods New Member

I'm looking at picking up one of these monsters. I've noticed one was marked as Desert Eagle .44 Magnum VII. What does the VII stand for 7th generation?

Were some models better than others?
    Are these well built?

Any comments about how good these are or not?

Thanks
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I have heard MANY stories of them not cycling properly. One guy said he had a horrible time dealing with the Mfg on getting it fixed.

My advice to you is to get one of the S&W super magnums...the 460 or the 500. I have a 460 and it is awsome!!!!!!!!! Muzzle break makes shooting it a breeze. The percussion from that gun is incredible!!!! Go to the range with it and it gets attention quick! Also the trigger on those smiths really is better than other guns. The trigger is good enough that i can shoot better with it than my Ruger 357 and 44.
    And being its a revolver its not going to give you any guff cycling properly...

Get a 500 sw mag... that's my advice!

mike
    gn
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

One other thing... that desert eagle slide has been known to pinch your skin if you hold it too high. From what i have heard the lady at the gunshop said a guy got pinched by one and he was screaming bloody murder because it grabed a pretty good chunk of skin and he couldn't get it out.... :eek::D:D;)

On the 500 mag revolver...make sure you keep your fingers away from the cylinder bore gap area. I have heard of fingers flying off when that round goes off....

mike
    gn