1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Detonics

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by lead, Feb 4, 2005.

1. lead

lead Well-Known Member

Anyone familiar with Detonics? I found a 45, single action, 1911 type pistol in a shop today. There was no model name or number, just Detonics .45. It had a 4 digit serial number, and was made in Washington.
    Are they any good? This was priced under $300 and looked like it was in very good shape. Thanks.
  2. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat Active Member

Detonics pretty much invented the "cut down" 1911 in my book. Never owned one, but fired several and all were top notch. They even made their own caliber for a while - (.451 Detonics) - never shot any of that so can't comment on it. Seems to me that Stash247 has or had a few of these and will probably comment shortly. Assuming decent shape that sounds like a great price to me. But I have no books to look it up...
  3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

The Blue Book has very little on Detonics.

The 2005 Standard Catalog shows the entire line with suggested values exceeding that price on all models. I would say it's a very good deal.
  4. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

That's a good deal. Buy it.