detroit in ruins (long)

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by nffritos, Jan 4, 2010.

1. nffritos

nffritos Active Member

2. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

I live in michigan and people might think he only visited a couple of bad places however most of detroit looks like that. He makes a good point though This is what leftist politics and unions do. It ruins everything. As far as crime goes when i do business in detroit i only go there at 8:00 am. because everyone is still sleeping. With obamas politics and decisions he would like to welcome everyone to detroit.
  3. petesusn

petesusn New Member

I grew up in the Detroit area and it saddens me to see this. Back in the 50's, 60's and even into the early 70's Detroit was a town to party in. Concerts at the Grande Ballroom, hockey at the Olympia, baseball at Tiger Stadium, Motown and the muscle cars. Back then you didn't have to be armed to go downtown or most anywhere else in the city. Oh well, stuff happens and things change. In a way I'm kinda glad I moved away from there and also in a way I kinda miss it. Thank you UAW and mayor Coleman Young, you did a great (sarcasm) job.

EDIT: Since 1962 all seven mayors have been Democrats.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  4. topper

topper New Member

Before long in america, IMO, we are all going to have to be armed to go anywhere. Crime is on the increase and it's up to the individual to learn and use self-protection because the police are seemingly unable to 'protect and serve'. Police in my area are almost non-existant. We only have 4 officers on duty in the entire county during the nighttime. Even less during the day. No way they can effectively combat crime like that.
  5. petesusn

petesusn New Member

Amen to that topper.