Deutsche Werke - Ortgies

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by luigi, Dec 23, 2011.

1. luigi

luigi New Member

Help!
    Looking for a replacement part on the Deutsche Werke Ortgies in 7.65, with the additional slide lock/grip safety "button/lever". The gun is the 4th variation with the HO grips and screw. While it is referred to as a button, it is actually a pivoting lever that is pinned by shaft of the other safety push button. There is a small detent that it clicks into when it is up and in the slide lock position, (at the same time it is "up", it blocks the grip safety from being depressed). My lever is broken and needs to be repaired or replaced. My research into this topic says that these variants are rare and were special ordered or built only for the Czech police or military (I think). In any event, I have been unsuccessful so far in finding anything other than a fairly good picture of what it looks like and I have the other half that is not broken and still functions with the grip removed. The function of the gun is not necessarily affected, and it could be removed without issue, but I would like to restore it to its correct state. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
    Happy holidays and New Year to ALL!
    Pete
  2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

There were commercial variants of the two-button safety as well as a Czech contract.

Can you post a picture of your broken part?
  3. luigi

luigi New Member

As I understand it, the commercial variants were "special order". Here are some of the pictures I took, including my own sketches of what I think the "missing" piece looks like. It looks rather fragile in the scheme of things, as it was intended to lock the slide and block the grip safety. Seems like an accidental drop or a few pulls on the slide in the locked position would weaken the points were the piece is bent. Anyway, here you are.
    Pete

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  4. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

If you are interested in having a new part machined, we can do that. Use the PM feature on this forum if you are interested.