1. glens67

glens67 Well-Known Member

Their descripition of a personal defense weapon...

DHS and its components have a requirement for a 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense use in close quarters and/or when maximum concealment is required. Only one specific nomenclature firearm from each Contractor shall be submitted for solicitation testing and considered for contract award.

This section has a couple of items of particular note that directly contradicts Feinstein’s proposed legislation.

3.9.2 – The action shall be select-fire (capable of semi-automatic and automatic fire).

3.9.10 – The action shall be capable of accepting all standard NATO STANAG 20 and 30 round M16 magazines (NSN 1005-00-921-5004) and Magpul 30 round PMAG (NSN 1005-01-576-5159). The magazine well shall be designed to allow easy insertion of a magazine.

3.10.1 - The fire control selector shall have three positions; safe, semi-automatic, and automatic.

3.12.1 – The overall length of the firearm shall not exceed 30 inches with the stock fully extended.

3.12.2 – The overall length of the firearm shall not exceed 20 inches with the stock fully retracted and/or folded.

3.14.3 – The barrel shall be equipped with a flash suppressor and/or muzzle brake. The muzzle device will be rated on its ability to reduce muzzle signature. It is desired that the muzzle device effectively reduces muzzle rise during firing.

3.16.1 – The pistol grip shall be a fixed, vertical pistol grip constructed of a durable material.

3.18.3 – The forend shall be constructed of durable, heat resistant material.

3.21.1 - Magazines shall be compatible with standard NATO STANAG M16 design.

3.21.2 – The magazine shall have a capacity to hold thirty (30) 5.56x45mm NATO rounds.

3.21.3 – Two (2) magazines shall be supplied with each firearm shipped under contract.

These, along with other specs are all requirements the government uses to define a Personal Defense Weapon.
  2. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

It's "Their" personal defense. Not for you and I. :bleh:
  3. barmstrong2

barmstrong2 New Member

Sounds good! I'll take 2.
  4. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Yep - I'll take two also.
    Sounds like an excellent personal defense weapon. Preferably I should be able to drop it in a mud puddle, pick it up and it should still work fine like an AK 47 does.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I am part of the Home Land defense! I am the militia spoken of in the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights! Home Land Security is not a bunch of Government employees!
  6. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Actually, DHS is supposed to be renamed to the SS-DH.....
  7. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

Well, Jesse Jackson said today that he'd like to see DHS patrolling the streets of Chicago. He might change his mind after a few hundred of the 'bro's' got their heads blown off. ;)
  8. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Hmm...and just what part of DHS is supposed to undertake this task. Don't know if Jesse's ever seen a street gang in action - not just a flash dustup, but a full scale street war. I have, not in decades, but I have seen it, and unless his idea of a street patrol has an air component with Apaches on call, they really needn't bother trying.
  9. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

DHS, thank George Bush for this blunder. The FBI, the CIA, the Coast Guard, and the National Guard could have been put to task to handle the extra security details, but no they had to create more and bigger government. I can hear many of you comming to his defense now. This guy was NOT a good President. He created bureaucracy like a Democrat, he spent money like a Democrat remember No Child Left Behind and Drugs For Seniors. Because of him and Karl Rove we got what we have now that substitutes for a President.
  10. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I want to know why DHS needs C130s. I've seen them in our area with DHS tail markings. C130s are repaired nearby and they make many, many test runs at low altitude after being serviced. So, what kind of troops and gear is being transported domestically?
  11. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

DHS owns the USCG, FEMA and several other agencies which have had C-130's and other aircraft for many years. They simply put their markings on USCG and others. See the org chart here: http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/dhs-orgchart.pdf .

C-130's are very versatile aircraft. Among other things they do aerial refueling, low level water drops on forest fires, emergency supply skid drops, and can even land and take off from aircraft carriers. Now if you see some black ones with big guns sticking out of the left side, you might have something to worry about. ;)
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

We do see black ones but not with any guns... yet... :D
  13. glens67

glens67 Well-Known Member

You wont see the Gun ships just the bullets bouncing around....