Dick Lugar Is Out Of A Job .....

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by JohnHenry, May 9, 2012.

1. JohnHenry

JohnHenry Well-Known Member

This is more than just "Over-Due" ......

Mourdock Defeats Lugar!
    -- GOA-endorsed candidate wins most important Senate primary of the year

“I can’t thank Gun Owners of America enough for their early support of my campaign.”
    Richard Mourdock, Republican nominee for U.S. Senate, after defeating Indiana ’s Dick Lugar

Gun Owners of America is today celebrating the defeat of the most anti-gun Republican in the U.S. Senate, Indiana Sen. Dick Lugar.
  2. cutter

cutter New Member

I am going to donate to the GOA!!! Finally some one is doing something, lets keep it going!!!
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Most excellent! They deserve some credit here! Everyone should get on board with a pro gun org. that is fighting for our rights. Its time for unity!
  4. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Odd that the only folks who bid him Adieu was bHo and biden.
  5. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

The media spin is interesting----how moderate he is and such a proponent of compromise in politics............Amazing. "F" rated by the NRA and his votes for Kagan and Sotomayor tell me enough about this guy. Glad he's gone.........
  6. raven818

Everyone complains that this congress can't get anything done. The GOP are just a bunch of naysayers, and all their doing is stopping the country from healing by killing bill after bill that will help us all. That's a hoot.

When Carneys lips are being maneuvered by bHo at the Press meetings, all you hear is the name and general content of a particular bill. What you don't hear, and won't, is all the iddy-biddy additions to the bill(s) that, if passed, would continue to strangle the people more and more.

The GOP is far from perfect, but the bills they pass in the House are discussed openly. bHo absolutely will never sign a bill passed by the GOP, period. In his emperors mind, it would make him look weak if he were to accept even a small portion of anything the GOP suggested.

He needs to be crippled if he is in office next year. We can accomplish that by not forgetting the House and Senate are number two in our goals. Stop his SCOTUS recommendations dead in their tracks.
  7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

0 called him his favorite Republican.
    Mourdock has his work cut out to beat the Democratic candidate--with all the money available to him from the Democrats--up to 800k.
  8. raven818

Typically a Blue state. Best chance is, everybody wants the House and Senate out of bHo's hands.
  9. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

The Republicans don't really lose a net vote on issues I care about if a Dem wins this seat anyway. I'm glad an antigunner Republican won't be there. It may charge up our base to get out and vote for a pro 2nd guy...
  10. al45lc

al45lc New Member

As a Hoosier born, I NEVER liked that man or his ways. Good riddence.
    You know he hadn't even LIVED there since '77 ?!
  11. raven818

Anti Gunner Republican? Did you happen to catch the speech he gave that started out with him thanking the NRA for their strong support?
  12. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

It is true, the NRA did support Luger. But then, the NRA now supports Mitt Romney who banned "assault weapons" as governor of Mass.

(at least Luger is a cool name!;) )
  13. whirley

whirley New Member

Specter and Luger are RHINO's. Specter is gone, Luger can still do damage as a lame duck. I hope we can get rid of Casey of Pa. this election also. He never thinks for himself, just votes as he is told to vote by his Democrat masters.
  14. jwrauch

jwrauch New Member

Praise the Lord he's on his way out !! JR
  15. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Dont stone me to death.Dick lugar is a relative of mine way down the line so I dont really consider him related.We get family reunion invites every year but we have never gone.I was ready to see him go.No one should be a life long politician.Hes always been anti gun.The NRA was backing Mourdock and give him a A rating so atleast there putting our money do good use and its good to see it pay off.
  16. langenc

langenc Member

"Dick Lugar is out of a job"

So he will just live on the millions of $$$ he set aside for himself for retirement.

Cadillac health care most likely at no cost. If he is a "farmer" I suspect he set up millions in crop subsidies for himself-even if he never farmed he could collect-just own the land.
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  17. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

BTW, Luger may or may not be out of a job. Senator P08 can become a K Street lobbyist.