The Firearms Forum banner

Did good at the gunshow yesterday

924 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  gdmoody 
#1 ·
I feel like I hit the jackpot yesterday.It's been 2-1/2 decades since I've seen it but I found 3 boxes of 6.5Rem mag (old Peters boxes) of factory ammo.$30.00/ box.I found H380 powder and IMR4350.Lots of other powders there too.Shelves were full and unopened cases of powders on the floor.I don't reload pistols so I only know a few pistol powders:"Titegroup,Universal,Clays" I didn't see but might have been there.It was hard to look because of the pushing and shoving at that vendors.No new brass seen,all range p/up or "once fired".I did get 60rds 30-06 brass that came from under the counter,he said was once fired from a friend in the plastic holders that they come in out of the box.They look good but never know about the" once fired".Had a good bit of pistol bullets bulk,but not many rifle bullets except a few FMJ bulk.Not near as many used guns as I had expected.All in all by far the best Atlanta show I've been to in a while.P.S... unless you want to spend $105 for a 525 ct box of .22Lr,Ther was virtually none to be found. Joe

#2 ·
I have friends in Covington and they claim prices & availability is better in Alaska than Georgia; I find that hard to believe. Great Luck which is very good indeed.

When I lived back East, I'd go to a few gun shows every weekend, they were everywhere in Pennsylvania. Hard to find gun shows in Alaska, just not the urban areas with huge populations. I miss them.

There's all kinds of Lapua Brass everywhere. Expensive, but the best made. I just loaded up with 20 boxes of Lapua Brass in various calibers. Best prices I found was powder valley, 308 win, $67/100. For me, that Lapua Brass is worth the price, it never wears out.

#3 ·
Zhurh, Powder has been hard for me to find here.No LGS here in Covington.There are a couple of shops for reloading about 50 miles away.Thats alot better than where you live though.I was super glad to get the bullets and was happy to see lots of different powders and tons to go around.I'll have to check out the Lapua brass.I've heard other people mention it's longevity and quality. Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.