Did he just do that??

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ckill1, May 20, 2011.

1. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

I'd like to toss in a whole bunch of "Amens" here. I was glad to see the Isreali President basically tell Obama to 'stuff-it' when Obama suggested that Isreal return to the pre-1967 borders.

Of course Obama didn't like that. His ego tells him that he is always right and the rest of us are morons.

I may not be as church-going as most, but when we turn our backs on Isreal, we are toast. They are God's people. If we stand with them, we are also God's people. If we stand with the enemies of Isreal.... well, I think that's the point I wanted to make.
  2. Python

Python Former Guest

The Palestinians (so called) have no "Right Of Return". Concerning Israel, the Palestinians have no rights at all, period. One third of the Bible is prophecy. Fulfilled prophecy indisputably proves the truth of God's word. The existence of the nation of Israel today is prophecy fulfilled. What's happening today in reference to Israel is Bible prophecy being fulfilled, before our very eyes. Israel is God's time clock concerning the End Times. Knowing that God has said that when Israel becomes a nation again (1948) in the End Times, that this will begin the Last Generation, our main concern today should be to get our spiritual house in order. It's later than we think.
  3. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Yes there are several religions in the area, But the reason I qouted the Genisis passage is that it is the oldest written record of a claim to the region by any people group still in existance. I might remind you that Islam is a relative newcomer. It was founded in the 7th century and became a player in the land of Israel in the 8 th century. That's a mere 2000 yrs after God made his promise to Abraham.

Most of us 'bible quoters" are also aware that the Israelis are not necessarily now angels, nor have they ever been. That is also part of God's design. To show that his plans will still be accomplished even when dealing with a group of people that are not always the most responsive. As it has been said about the Jews, "they are alot like the rest of us, only more so."

As a minor point of historical trivia, I am at this time, living and working at a base in Iraq that contains an archeoligical relic known os the Ziggurat of Ur.
    This is widely accepted as the birthplace of Abraham. I haven't taken the tour yet, but I'm sure they can verify the dates when this thing was constructed and thrived as an ancient civilization.
    Hope to have some pictures to follow soon.

In my interactions with many people from this part of the world(interpreters mostly), I'm learning, or being reminded that they still have archeological links to alot of the biblical record. They can show you the remains or the lion's den Daniel was thrown into. The only question they have about Jonah is exactly where the big fish spewed him out on the riverbank(Niinevah is a province in Iraq)btw.
  4. Python

Python Former Guest

Exodus 32:9...Speaking of the Jews, God states... "I have seen this people, and behold, it is a stiff-necked people".
  5. Juker

Juker New Member

I had to bump this thread for the simple pleasure of posting this pic.

Netanyahu and Soetoro, the early years. Who do you think has a better understanding of Israel's situation?

Attached Files:

6. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Those pictures speak volumes on the subject, Juker. Thanks.

I got crickets on my last two points. Hmmmmmm...... :eek::D
  7. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Boy, you've got big "O" pegged right!