Did not pay taxes for 10 years?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 45Auto, Aug 1, 2012.

1. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

A rumor has been going around that the reason Mitt Romney will not release more of his tax records is because it will show that he avoided paying taxes for 10 years on his millions of dollars in income.

IF it's true that Mitt used the tax laws to avoid paying taxes on his millions, would it matter to you?
  2. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

I don't trust any of them.....sad times.
  3. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

Look at all the other members of congress that have not paid any taxes for over 10 years. Just using Mitt because he is GOP running for President.
  4. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Who cares? His tax return has nothing to do with running the country.
  5. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

If they are going to bring this up, they need to back it up with proof, or shut up.
  6. al45lc

al45lc Active Member

And since this administration controls the IRS, are we to believe that Obama and Co wouldn't have jumped on this by now?
    Please!
    I think I'll wait for confirmation.
    This is a ploy, nothing more and I will bet they simply wanted to try the old Mark Twain adage that "A lie will travel halfway around the world before the truth can put it's shoes on".
    Doesn't really matter to me though, I'm voting Republican because there isn't a Demmie on this earth that I can tolerate.
    I am diametrically opposed to just about everything the Democrats represent.
  7. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I thought John McCain had seen several years of his returns when he was looking for a VP. He said he had no problems with Romney's returns.
  8. Airdale

Airdale Member

The "rumor" comes from Harry Reed who is of such sterling charactor how could you doubt him?......Oh wait, Harry's never released any tax records!!!
  9. flintlock

flintlock Well-Known Member

So he'd be right up there with Charlie Rangell if it were true. Of course coming from Harry Reid, and his "source", I'm inclined to doubt it.
  10. bountyh

bountyh Former Guest

It would not surprise me because rich people have many tricks to avoid paying their fair share of income taxes. Most of them are legal loopholes, put there for that purpose.

When Reagan was governor of California, he paid zero state taxes one year. Same year he said that "Taxes should hurt" in response to the largest increase in income tax ever done here in the state.

When it became public that he had paid no state taxes, the papers ran the headline:

"Taxes should hurt YOU"

Romney has staffs of people who work late at night figuring out ways to not pay his taxes. No surprise if he paid less than most people. I doubt very seriously that he paid ZERO taxes, I do assume he paid a tax rate far lower than most people have to pay and he is desperately trying to hide that fact.
  11. bountyh

bountyh Former Guest

Ad hominem, always the choice of the factually bankrupt.
  12. Iron Eagle

Iron Eagle Well-Known Member

If I could legally pay less taxes, I would. That is smart. Nothing wrong with saving money.
  13. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Rumors are like buttholes, everybody has one only buttholes are useful.
  14. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

We need to vote for the lesser of 2 evils. A bungling idiot that can't run the country or a fat cat banker that will tell anyone just what they want to hear.

Rich guys don't pay taxes. Only the working people do that...
  15. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I watched a little bit of foxnews and they said that was not true that the rumor was made up by Senator Harry the liar Reed.