Did you ever hear someone make a statment that proves that they are dumber than paint

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remington597, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Remington597

Remington597 Former Guest

New guy starts at work today. Starts his training, walks around and meets everybody. Shakes hands , exchanges pleasantries. During a break he walks around and makes small talk with everyone. Seems like a great family guy, into church, family , and also very professional in every way.
    He makes his way over to me.
    "So Brian, Do you play any sports?"

My answer.
    "Yes, but not really in the traditional sense. I am not into football, baseball, etc, but I do enjoy hunting , fishing, marksmanship and other outdoors activities with friends"

His response.

" So, I suppose you have a gun"

My answer.
    " Yes, I do own guns, do you?"

His response.
    " No, they're far too dangerous!"

My response.
    "Dangerous, I don't understand how inanimate objects can be dangeorous, unless they are radioactive isotopes"

His response.
    " You know what I mean, I 've got little kids at home"(In a previous conversation, he told me about his family)

My response.
    " Oh,?!!
    you're trying to say that you have far more to protect than I do (I told him I was single in a prior conversation)."

His response.
    "You know what I mean, guns are dangerous"

My response.
    "You mean the radioactive ones that emitt radiation?"

on , and on,
    I finally told him that firearms safety courses are available even for kids and locks and safes are also readily available , as well as the most important assett in teaching your kids responsibility and accountability.

He said. "ok, I get it, You belong to that NRA group don't you?"

I said. " Yes, I am one of the 4,500,000 members who practice responsible gun ownership and invited him to be a member"

He grinned and walked away. It was one of those liberal grins of arrogance and sarcasm.

The funny thing is that he acted all fine later on. Liberals do alot of drugs , so he probably doesn't remember the conversation. I remember what my cake tasted like at my birthday party when I was 12. I am 34.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I know that arrogant liberal hippie grin you described.....irritates the heck outta me.....

As far as remembering things....Don't laugh....but I swear that i have a memory of being born...seeing the docs, the green tile walls...being put in the little tub with hot water to be washed off...and a few other things.....

I also remember the plane ride home days later.....

Say what you want about a newborns eyes and all that, but i do remember it......

hehehe

I even remember being vindictave and cr*pping behind my crib when a was less than a year old. I seemed to hate having a diaper on and got quite good at ripping that sucker off.......

Oh, those were the days....

mike
  3. mameral

mameral New Member

Well Rem it seems that your first mistake was to try logic. They just don't get it.

Glocknut you probably didn't realize that those diapers were actually lethal or you wouldn't have minded. You don't even need a CCW for them.
  4. gpostal

gpostal Former Guest

Logic is the key word with some of these people ,they see no problem with going deep down into “the hood” for any reason in a brand new car ,,or the type that gets a job in the middle of a war zone ,and see no danger to the same children they don’t want to have guns in the house with

Your fighting a loosing battle ,with these idiots ,myself If the conversation continues ,I would let them know “I own a lot of guns” , an abnormal amount of weapons ,I am so heavily armed I scare myself, this is the stereo type I have heard for twenty years now and the source behind my user name ,{if you own a lot of guns you must be planning on going postal}, I have later had the same a hole ask if s**t ever hit the fan ,could they come to my house ,or if another person went postal at work ,could I watch their back {honestly a guy did ask that ,I told him sure I got your back ,”as a human shield”}

I have no respect or pity for these people ,you cannot help them ,and they will preach about it because they fully believe they have the constitutional right to do so ,but have their head so far up their rear they fail to see the irony in it
  5. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

As Postal says, "Logic" is the key here.

Before one may even consider being a liberal they must purge their minds of all logic and common sense. Once done, the mind is closed forever to any rational thinking therefore somehow making their way now the best and only way, to hell with facts, reason and etc.....

Talk about an ostrich having its head in the sand - - - - -

At least they know when to put it there. The liberal would argue that there is nothing wrong so why hide?????
  6. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:D you handled yourself well remington!;)

i know the types.:rolleyes: LMBO! for instance, i have 2 minor children & i keep a LOADED gun w/ just a safety on, w/in their reach.:p (my kids are 14 ~ on monday & 10) both of them are respectful of guns bc it has been taught!;) anyhoo ~ there are several around me that dont like my owning a gun (some of troy's family & my own sister actually) anyhoo ~ troy's sil actually told me that if i didnt put the guns away, that she wouldnt allow her BRATS er little angels to come over..... LMBO! i said "so, dont come over!":D :D :D i dont put my guns up for anybody!! of course, i dont have strange kids going around my home unattended either.:p my sister tried to "lay down the law" w/ me about my niece who is now 3...... i told her 2 things when she started her mess (1) dont ask me to keep your kid if you arent going to let me discipline her as i see fit (ie. spanking) (2) i'm not putting the guns up, i like them just where they are & if you dont want your child in my house w/ my guns, dont ask me to keep her.:D :D my sil does NOT visit.... no skin off my back, i'd rather they werent around!!:D my sister, although they dont own a gun themselves, now has NO problem w/ my "rules";) .
  7. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Rosierita, that's great that your children are mature enough to trust with guns around the house. However, I'm not sure I can agree with your refusing to put away the guns when your relatives' small children are around. No matter how vigilant we are, kids can get into anything and everything when we turn our head for just a second or go to the bathroom or whatever. If you have other issues with your sister and sister-in-law and would rather not have them visit anyway, that's fine, but please reconsider your stance on refusing to put away the guns when they visit. I'd hate for you to lose your relationship with these two forever.
  8. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

i understand your concern somo!;) i dont have anything to do w/ troy's family tho, so really, i dont want them around (BAD BAD BAAADDDDDDDD relationship there) & although i do keep my niece & she is around my guns, she is watched like a hawk & i'm taking the same precautions w/ her that i did w/ my own kids.:) i keep the guns in a gun cabinet that is not locked, but still, they are all in 1 place, which is our bedroom & she is NEVER in my bedroom unattended.;) & although she's just 3, we do go over gun safety.

but as far as troy's family goes..... well, IF that relationship ended.... this will sound harsh, but that would be a dream come true.:eek: your jaw would absolutely drop at some of the stories i could tell about those people.:rolleyes:
  9. Remington597

The key is to teach children firearms safety and proper firearms use. Its the parents who refuse to teach their kids to respect guns and how to properly use them , that are the real culprits.
    And we all know that the ratio between accidental firearms discharge by children in households who teach responsible firearms handling vs. those who treat guns with fear and loathing is propably 1000:1.
    It is troubling that we live in a society that is being dumbed town to a level where everytining that is not understood, is automatically treated with fear and distance. These politically correct liberals are hypocrites. We are the ones preaching true understanding while they are preaching bigotry against freedom and self determination. It is more than proper to use the age of eight as a springboard for the begining of firearms instrution and ages below that, should still be taught about firearms ,but at a different level.
  10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I remember having a similar conversation with a friend (lock up the guns when we visit.) I asked him to lock up his car keys when we came to visit him, as automobile crashes kill many more kids than does gun misuse. We ended up going over the stats and logic (training mandatory for driving a 2 ton car in public, etc.) and I had a new shooter on my hands within a year.

What was great about that was that he was on talk radio. In fact, he occasionally subs for Rush, now. That was a great one to win. :D

Pops
  11. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

absolutely remington!:D ya know, even my 3 yr old niece, who just visits me, doesnt give my gun cabinet a sencond glance, IF she looks at it at all.:) dont get me wrong, we have an extremely high respect for firearms, unless they are in use here, they dont even leave the cabinet, they are like a fixture & my kids are not obsessed or anything like that. other than the crazies that come up & down my road, knocking on our door all during the day & night (we live on a "cut thru" road), we have a dog problem on our farm... people around here let their dogs run loose & we've had problems w/ neighborhood dogs killing livestock.:rolleyes: anyhoo ~ my 10 yr old, has run to the gun cabinet more times than i can count right now, just to get his beebee gun to shoot at a dog or 2 (w/o ever giving those rifles a 2nd glance). before troy & i owned our own gun (after being married) i was apprehensive at 1st about having them around small kids, in fact, for a little bit there i was scared of having one around them! then common sense kicked in & i remembered that i grew up w/ an uncle that kept one in the store he owns... my granddad gave me my 1st target shooting practice before i could hold a 22 on my own... i believe i was younger than james (who is now 10)... my parents didnt keep a gun in our home when we were little & i guess that is what threw me, but i still grew up w/ an understanding & respect for firearms & i started weighing the pros & cons. if i have a firearm, i can take the proper precautions w/ it & if i dont, some crazy nut that comes knocking on my door one night, might want more than to use the phone & then where would i be w/o protection?? LOL! okay, i'll step off my soap box! heehee, i think i'm preaching to the choir anyway!:D :D
  12. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

:D wow pops!! that's AWESOME!! now, spill it!! :D :D which sub for rush were you talking to?!:p
  13. Remington597

Yes, you are preaching to the choir. Even though I can't sing worth #$)@):D ;)
    rosierieta:
    It sounds like you're a lady who represents what is strong and moral about America. Our Heartland!!!. You know, all those states that ALGORE lost!!!:D . I think of SouthernMoss in that category as well. Just when you start to loose hope , you get inspired once again!!
  14. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Thanks, Remy! What a nice compliment! :)
  15. Remington597

You're welcome. Its nice to chat with women who are true Americans, and not the Heroin addicted, anorexic , crack whore Victorias Secret Models who are the spawns of satan and have the brains of garden mice.
    The liberal media totally distorts how women truly are in mainstream America and paints a picture of depravity, where real women represent true American heartland, Many are farmers, and are still gorgeous. They do not have to dress like sluts and listen to certain depraved music to be beautiful. I'll take a cowgirl over a madonna type anyday!!!:)