Did you guys see O'Reilly last night?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by hkruss, Jul 24, 2012.

1. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

In his 'Talking Points' opener, he started out by going off on that idiot Bill Moyers. So far so good. Then, he went on to make some comments on gun ownership. Some of the comments were idiotic and just plain wrong.
    While he is pro-gun, he needs to get his facts straight, as he mis-informed a lot of people last night. Not what we need!
    Take a listen. Starting around 1:35 or 1:40 is when he makes the comments I am speaking of. I would love to hear your comments!!!
    Hopefully, he will correct or clarify his comments from last night on tonight's show.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreil...01/guns-murder-and-the-usa/?playlist_id=86923

2. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Hey, I want to know where I can buy a Bazooka. And when did a AK47 become a heavy weapon? My image of Bill is now tarnished......what a gun idiot.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

There were a few outright lies in his Talking Points memo.

I'm not going to hold my breath for a correction either.

Most people here at TFF NOW that the cops DO NOT have a legal obligation to protect ME and have told that to Bill over and over again.

Ya like how small arms are now classified Heavy Arms?
    That doesn't even fit UN standards. 7.62x39 is small arms

I'm pretty confident that Bill will never get it.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I commented heavily on his FB post of that crap last night. His staff reposted it today; I suppose, hoping for better feedback. It's sad how stupid he appeared.
  5. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

EXACTLY

The sad part is that there are a lot of people that believe what he says.

"See, even Bill says you can buy a machine gun." :rolleyes:
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I don't care much for O'Reilly anymore. He has guests on his shows just to give him the opportunity to talk, often not allowing them to answer questions. Even when I agree with him I find him annoying. To top it off he is not a very principled conservative in my opinion. He is one of those people who will throw principle under the bus for the sake of compromise, which to him is being reasonable.

Having said all that, I can't even tell you the number of idiotic and misinformed remarks that were made by even more conservative news commentators, who are either too uninterested or too lazy to research the subject about which they are speaking.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I watched a few minutes of the show, but I just can't stand these TV morons! He knows about as much about guns as my dogs do!
  8. Archie

Archie Member

O'Reilly is a New Yorker. For a New Yorker, he's pretty conservative, but he's still one of the 'guns are evil' mindset.

I don't watch him either. I think his heart is in more or less the right place, but his head is up his - well, not much light gets in.
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

7.62x39 is a heavy weapon two days in a row.

When it comes to guns, ole Bill is a raging liberal.
  10. keokeboy

keokeboy Member

LAST NITE WAS BAD ENOUGH.BUT TONITE HE WENT OFF WITH MY FAVORITE CONGRESS MAN. SOMEONE SHOULD WRITE A BOOK ABOUT HEAVY WEAPONS,WITH PICTURES SO o'REILLY UNDERSTANDS FIREARMS Oo I DON'T THINK HE WOULD HAVE TIME TO EVEN OPEN THE BOOK,BECAUSE HE IS BUSY PHYCOBABBLING
  11. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

Well, I didn't see him last night(Monday), but I watched tonight, and I don't see how he could be any more misinformed last night. He is a complete idiot when it comes to firearms and the law.

Donnie D
  12. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Yeah, I watched him tonight with Chaffetz, and he doubled down on his stupidity and lack of knowledge. Chaffetz tried to be polite and tell him he was uninformed, but O'Reilly pretty much talked over him. What a jackass.
    And he is supposed to be on our side.

13. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

When the energy produced at the muzzle by an average 7.62 x 39mm round is less than a .30-30 lever brush short range deer gun you have to conclude that ol' Bill is a raging dumbass. Pardon the language. :mad:
  14. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

Fair and balanced my butt. I'm starting to think no one with nationwide public audience is of right mind. Much less sound body. I’m starting to think those of us who believe in the constitution and our country as was founded are far and few between. Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity seem to be right minded so far, but the left portray them as wild eyed lunatics. Then again, if you listen to public opinion, a good many of us fall into that category.
    Once again, here we go on that hand basket ride to somewhere.
    I'd say more, but I have to go clean the bazooka and full automatic I bought in K mart. Tomorrow I'm shopping for a gallatic lazer to mount on my land rover.
    arrrgh.
  15. keokeboy

keokeboy Member

SEARCHING FOR A TARO 88MM CANNON SO i CAN GET A PICTURE OF IT ,TO SEND TO THE HEAVY WEAPON EXPERT. BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM GETTING 60000 ROUNDS FOR IT, THE TARO FARMERS ARE RETIRED,BECAUSE THE GOVERMENT TURNED OFF THEIR WATER.
  16. stumpjumper

stumpjumper Member

i read the dog only had 3000 rounds. 60,000 rounds would be like, what, 1200 cases of ammo? maybe even with a bulk discount, $20-25,000 ? in three months? Um, yeah, I think that would warrant a knock on your door. agree with bill on most things, but out of his league on this one for sure
  17. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

O'Reilly is a colossal idiot on a whole bunch of subjects. And I actually saw the moron claiming to be an "intellectual" on his show. That's the last time I watched his program and will remain the last time. That was well over a year ago. Fox News started out to be such a good idea but the arrogance of O'Reilly has pretty much ruined the entire network. He is as stupid as any human I've ever seen on tv and remember there's MSNBC to compete with in the stupid realm.

What I can't figure is how the moron got credit from Harvard for anything. I KNOW the guy is as ignorant as a bag of hammers but he managed to go to Harvard somehow. That just shows how low Harvard has sunk.

How insanely stupid is it that Bozo thinking all those AK's are actual machine guns? It's the curse of the LexisNexis search engine. News people use it for research on all topics so when one bozo makes a mistake it gets repeated 1000 times by people who reference the work and repeat what was said. There's a snowball effect and pretty soon the news industry will swear that Christmas comes in July. They're too cheap and too lazy to do their own research and they don't trust anyone but their buddies in the news biz and they end up being an inbred bunch of morons with a really bad need for new DNA to prevent their breed from dying off completely. And they are nearly dead. The newspapers are dying. The tv network news shows are dying. Talk radio takes up some slack but they repeat what they hear on tv and the net is just an organized way to view all the horse hockey being produced by the lazy news industry. No one does the real work of journalism and the result is a dying industry. It's no wonder the public is so ignorant of the issues. All O'Smiley reports is poll data. He doesn't have to get out of his seat to do that. He just reads the latest polls and gets some talking heads to talk about what the polls say. That is the entire news operation for his show 99% of the time. What a joke. America will fail largely because of a lack of actual news reporting.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  18. bountyh

bountyh Former Guest

Well, he never has so far on any topic I have ever heard him address. What Bill knows on just about any subject can be inscribed on the head of a pin with room left for the Gettysburg Address.

I don't know which would be worse: if he just spouts his crap to raise controversy or if he really believes it.
  19. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

It's really less about him being a New Yorker, and more about him being a media pundit.

There are a LOT of us New Yorkers who disagree with Bill, and all the stupid gun laws here. And we do all we can to repeal/fight them.
  20. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

Bill O'Reilly and gun control

I usually like what Bill O'Reilly has to say but he has it all wrong in his latest rant, on guns.

He wants "reporting to the government for Heavy weapons and large purchases of ammunition". He thinks machine guns and bazookas are available all over the place (read gun shows) without any government paperwork. He considers the AK a Heavy weapon so by inference any semi-auto gun is a heavy weapon that needs separate FBI registration.

He had a senator on that tried to explain to him that the current laws are enough and he hardly let the guy get a word in edgewise. What we need is for the NRA to send him a knowledgable representative to explain to him the facts and this time I would hope he would listen rather than rant.

I am preaching to the choir here but any list of any guns in the hands of the government is the road to eventual confiscation. They'll know where every legally owned one is and show up on our doorsteps to collect them some day just as Hitler did in Germany in the 1930's. The bad guys will still have theirs, of course, as will the government who can then dominate if they desire. Someone needs to remind O'Reilly of that without him interrupting.

Then there is the issue of "armor piercing ammo" used in the recent shooting in Colorado. Supposedly the shooter collect 6000 (??) rounds of it. Real armor piercing ammo is not that readily available and I wonder if that "armor Piercing ammo" is not just rifle ammo that the police said would penetrate Police type body armor, as any rifle round will usually do. It is amazing how little accurate information is available in the media both on the shooter and the incident. ABC even had the shooter as a Tea Party member and later had to rescind the assertion.

I hate these shootings over and above the harm they inflict on humanity because they bring gun control to the forefront, again. We get all the chest beating liberals demanding gun control and this time we even got Bill O'Reilly demanding action against guns and gun owners.

What we need is "crazies control". Put the crazies away when first detected, not after they kill and hurt a score or more of people. It used to be that way. Thank you ACLU in this regard...NOT.

LDBennett