Did you guys see O'Reilly last night?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by hkruss, Jul 24, 2012.

1. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

In his 'Talking Points' opener, he started out by going off on that idiot Bill Moyers. So far so good. Then, he went on to make some comments on gun ownership. Some of the comments were idiotic and just plain wrong.
    While he is pro-gun, he needs to get his facts straight, as he mis-informed a lot of people last night. Not what we need!
    Take a listen. Starting around 1:35 or 1:40 is when he makes the comments I am speaking of. I would love to hear your comments!!!
    Hopefully, he will correct or clarify his comments from last night on tonight's show.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreil...01/guns-murder-and-the-usa/?playlist_id=86923

2. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Hey, I want to know where I can buy a Bazooka. And when did a AK47 become a heavy weapon? My image of Bill is now tarnished......what a gun idiot.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

There were a few outright lies in his Talking Points memo.

I'm not going to hold my breath for a correction either.

Most people here at TFF NOW that the cops DO NOT have a legal obligation to protect ME and have told that to Bill over and over again.

Ya like how small arms are now classified Heavy Arms?
    That doesn't even fit UN standards. 7.62x39 is small arms

I'm pretty confident that Bill will never get it.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I commented heavily on his FB post of that crap last night. His staff reposted it today; I suppose, hoping for better feedback. It's sad how stupid he appeared.
  5. Marlin T

EXACTLY

The sad part is that there are a lot of people that believe what he says.

"See, even Bill says you can buy a machine gun." :rolleyes:
  6. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I don't care much for O'Reilly anymore. He has guests on his shows just to give him the opportunity to talk, often not allowing them to answer questions. Even when I agree with him I find him annoying. To top it off he is not a very principled conservative in my opinion. He is one of those people who will throw principle under the bus for the sake of compromise, which to him is being reasonable.

Having said all that, I can't even tell you the number of idiotic and misinformed remarks that were made by even more conservative news commentators, who are either too uninterested or too lazy to research the subject about which they are speaking.
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I watched a few minutes of the show, but I just can't stand these TV morons! He knows about as much about guns as my dogs do!
  8. Archie

Archie Member

O'Reilly is a New Yorker. For a New Yorker, he's pretty conservative, but he's still one of the 'guns are evil' mindset.

I don't watch him either. I think his heart is in more or less the right place, but his head is up his - well, not much light gets in.
  9. Marlin T

7.62x39 is a heavy weapon two days in a row.

When it comes to guns, ole Bill is a raging liberal.
  10. keokeboy

keokeboy Member

LAST NITE WAS BAD ENOUGH.BUT TONITE HE WENT OFF WITH MY FAVORITE CONGRESS MAN. SOMEONE SHOULD WRITE A BOOK ABOUT HEAVY WEAPONS,WITH PICTURES SO o'REILLY UNDERSTANDS FIREARMS Oo I DON'T THINK HE WOULD HAVE TIME TO EVEN OPEN THE BOOK,BECAUSE HE IS BUSY PHYCOBABBLING
  11. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

Well, I didn't see him last night(Monday), but I watched tonight, and I don't see how he could be any more misinformed last night. He is a complete idiot when it comes to firearms and the law.

Donnie D
  12. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Yeah, I watched him tonight with Chaffetz, and he doubled down on his stupidity and lack of knowledge. Chaffetz tried to be polite and tell him he was uninformed, but O'Reilly pretty much talked over him. What a jackass.
    And he is supposed to be on our side.

13. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

When the energy produced at the muzzle by an average 7.62 x 39mm round is less than a .30-30 lever brush short range deer gun you have to conclude that ol' Bill is a raging dumbass. Pardon the language. :mad:
  14. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

Fair and balanced my butt. I'm starting to think no one with nationwide public audience is of right mind. Much less sound body. I’m starting to think those of us who believe in the constitution and our country as was founded are far and few between. Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity seem to be right minded so far, but the left portray them as wild eyed lunatics. Then again, if you listen to public opinion, a good many of us fall into that category.
    Once again, here we go on that hand basket ride to somewhere.
    I'd say more, but I have to go clean the bazooka and full automatic I bought in K mart. Tomorrow I'm shopping for a gallatic lazer to mount on my land rover.
    arrrgh.
  15. keokeboy

keokeboy Member

SEARCHING FOR A TARO 88MM CANNON SO i CAN GET A PICTURE OF IT ,TO SEND TO THE HEAVY WEAPON EXPERT. BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM GETTING 60000 ROUNDS FOR IT, THE TARO FARMERS ARE RETIRED,BECAUSE THE GOVERMENT TURNED OFF THEIR WATER.