Did you vote?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lead, Nov 7, 2006.

1. lead

lead Active Member

I voted after work. The place filled up while I was there. Local news reports say that numbers all over this part of the state are equal to a presidential election. I hope it goes well for us.
  2. VegasTech702

VegasTech702 New Member

I just got back from casting my ballot. No line at all. I had to go to a nearby elementary school. Everyone at the polling place was very friendly and thanked me for voting. Although I first went to the wrong school. As I was leaving for my polling place, a younger lady said I could not wear my NRA pin that reads, "I'm the NRA and I vote." I just walked away. I was wearing my NRA shirt that reads, "The Second Amendment, America's Original National Security." I had no problems at my polling place with it. I just hope that my pick for sherriff has a chance. Although I doubt it because Gillespie thinks that he deserves the position because he is the Undersherriff and is backed by the current sherriff. I personally would like to see a reduction in crime for Las Vegas. I think Jerry Airola has a better chance of doing that.
  3. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Yep. Waited about 1/2 hour, and thanked them PROFUSELY for checking my ID!

Voted for One Democrat (My County Recorder, whose daughter was in my wife's Girl Scout Troop, and I coached her in B'ball, and who is fair and honest, not like most OTHER Dems, does a good job, and was also unopposed...:cool: )

Voted for One Libertarian, for US Senate, actually never heard of him before,:eek: but I figured he had no chance, and even if he won, it wouldn't technically affect control of the Senate, and ANY Libertarian had to be better than RINO Dick Lugar....

The rest of the ballot was Straight Elephant.....;)

Keep the faith, ignore the "Exit Polls" which are always wrong, watch for Democrat cheating (They just got a court order to keep 16 "highly Democratic" precincts open in Cleveland for an extra 90 minutes (because turnout was low there and one of their Senate seats they thought they had in the bank is in trouble...shades of St Louis in 2000, the cheating b@st@rds!!!:mad: ), and I think we are going to be FINE....;)
  4. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Our city instituted new touch-screen voting machines this summer. When we went to vote after work, BOTH machines assigned to our polling place were out of order. :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: Had to wait in line about 20 minutes for them to be rebooted or unjammed or whatever the heck they had to do to them, then another 10 minutes in line waiting for our turn. Poor Marlin had to go sit in a folding chair near the wall while I held our place in line.:( But we got 'er done! :D
  5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

voted- used touch screen first time easy:)
  6. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

I voted today. Took my copy of America's First Freedom into booth with me to make sure I got it right. Unfortunately it appears my vote was in vain as Hillary and Spitzer won. I figured that anyway but had to try.
  7. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

None of the machine at the local office, So I ended up using paper ballots
  8. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

yup, i voted! my state of SC did pretty well.

our lt. gov. race is still too close to call...

link
  9. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    I hope those robot union dudes..... .....:(

have a stroke...... :eek:

when ole Nancy comes after their.....

Automatic Shotguns..... :mad:

Ole Bin Laden won this election......:mad:
  10. swabjocky

swabjocky New Member

We used the Diebolt machines fully automated this year.

Did a write in on my congressional pick, but the write in never appeared on the total. Wonder if it was ever counted.
  11. islenos

islenos New Member

I voted.....Texas is safe for the next 2 years
  12. danurve

danurve New Member

gfb; It was a painfull election. Now we have a sue-happy liberal for Gov and a snake for AG. At least Maffei lost, by a narrow margin to Walsh. Unfortunatly we lost A rated Mier to F rated Accui. If memory servs Pataki was no star with the GOA or NRA. Then we have shillary, where's that vomit icon? I would sure like to see virtual results of that election without the union or NYC vote.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2006