Didn't Obomba say he was closing Gitmo?

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Marlin T, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Well today he says that he has the authority to hold them indefinitely; at Gitmo.

[​IMG]
    Obama Will Not Seek New Legislation on Holding Guantanamo Detainees

By VOA News
    24 September 2009
    Reports in U.S. newspapers say the Obama administration has decided against establishing a new system of preventative detention for terrorism suspects held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
    The Washington Post and The New York Times quote administration officials as saying they have decided they do not need additional permission from Congress to continue holding detainees at the facility.
    The Justice Department said it already has the authority to hold the detainees indefinitely under a 2001 congressional resolution that allows the president to use force against al-Qaida and the Taliban.
    There are currently more than 200 detainees at Guantanamo Bay, including suspects in the 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States. Many have filed suit challenging their detention without trial.
    The Justice Department says its position is consistent with what the administration has said before on the issue.
    Justice officials informed human rights groups of the position at a meeting last week.
    The Washington Post quotes the senior legislative counsel at the American Civil Liberties Union, Christopher Anders, as welcoming the decision because it avoids what he describes as a "chaotic debate" that he says would have put U.S. detention policy even further outside the rule of law.
    President Barack Obama has said he wants to close the Guantanamo facility by January 2010, but a decision has not been made on where to send the remaining detainees.
  2. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

Send them all to Hell.that's where to send them.
  3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I can think of several people who have indicated that these are really quite nice fellows and shoud be turned loose. So, let's just give each of those people one of the detainees. And hold them responsible for any damage said released detainee causes after that.

Pops
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I think we should take these detainees and shakel a live hog to each of them.
  5. OBrien

OBrien New Member

I say we use them as training tools for the military. And this is what happens when you use the .50cal on someone at close range.
  6. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

No other country would take them. I guess that is proof this man has no clue. He speaks before he gives much thought to what he says. You can get away with that crap when you are a "community organizer" and no one calls you on stuff.
  7. ARB

ARB New Member

I think he misunderstood what, "...The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,.." was meant to imply.
  8. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

C'Mon peeps. We knew this would happen.:(

The POTUS has:

No character
    No class
    No experience
    No transparancy
    No birth certificate
    No understanding
    No care for the peolpes rights
    No regard for the constitution (yet he's a scholor of it)
    No respect for our nations history
    No clue in foreign matters
    No idea of diplomacy
    No concept of economics
    No understanding of what's at stake
    Not even common sense.:eek:

Someone please tell me what he has to offer.
    Hope is purely conceptual. That hasn't worked.
    Change is the only thing he's been able to live up to.

Change that will destroy our nation.

Wait....
    He does have Michelle.

The 1st lady has:
    See above...:rolleyes:
  9. miker22

miker22 New Member

Feed them to the sharks.

Would that make them "unclean"?
  10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Didn't Barry get on TV a few months ago and say that he might not be able to close Gitmo within a year because "Bush lied to him about how serious the problem was" or some BS like that?

The Barry Hussein leadership training course....blame Bush:rolleyes:
  11. obxned

obxned New Member

Barry lied to us? Gee, I'm so shocked.
  12. SpazFreak1911

SpazFreak1911 New Member

Most of the people in Gitmo are being held with out any cases against em, but who knows
  13. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Obama does not give a damn about Gitmo one way or the other. He only used it for his campaign to pander to the pantie waist libs. The dems knew all about it and approved.
  14. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Dress them in military uniforms and release them in Cuba, give Castro a heads up that another Bay of Pigs is taking place. Problem solved.
  15. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Better yet, let Obama take them there.
  16. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

Obama wants them on a nice sandy beach having cocktails with their friends,I want them to suffer a painfull death and see my friends come home.when one side don't play by the rules the rules get thrown out the window.
  17. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

Lying as usual.