1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Difference between Kar 98k & M48 bolt

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CCubed, Jun 26, 2007.

1. CCubed

CCubed New Member

I was wondering: is it possible to put the "guts" of my M48 Mauser bolt into a Kar 98k bolt shroud?

The basic idea is, I like my M48, but I am seeing whether or not I can convert it...or get it as close as I possibly can, without permanently altering any of my original parts. I know that the M48 and Kar 98k bolts are not interchangeable. I either swap bolt shrouds, if possible, or I bend the handle on a replacement M48 bolt.
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

firing pin and spring and cocking piece are different
  3. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

I believe the 98 action is a long action and the M48 is an intermediate length action. Don't know if parts will interchange.
  4. CCubed

CCubed New Member

Yeah, you're right about the action size. I did a bit more in-depth research and discovered exactly why the 98k and M48 parts weren't interchangeable.

Thanks for the responses. Any other general comments about such a project?