Difference between Kar 98k & M48 bolt

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CCubed, Jun 26, 2007.

1. CCubed

CCubed New Member

I was wondering: is it possible to put the "guts" of my M48 Mauser bolt into a Kar 98k bolt shroud?

The basic idea is, I like my M48, but I am seeing whether or not I can convert it...or get it as close as I possibly can, without permanently altering any of my original parts. I know that the M48 and Kar 98k bolts are not interchangeable. I either swap bolt shrouds, if possible, or I bend the handle on a replacement M48 bolt.
  2. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

firing pin and spring and cocking piece are different
  3. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

I believe the 98 action is a long action and the M48 is an intermediate length action. Don't know if parts will interchange.
  4. CCubed

CCubed New Member

Yeah, you're right about the action size. I did a bit more in-depth research and discovered exactly why the 98k and M48 parts weren't interchangeable.

Thanks for the responses. Any other general comments about such a project?