Difference between Savage mkII btv & fv

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by ShotgunShells, Nov 13, 2011.

1. ShotgunShells

ShotgunShells New Member

except the stock? I was looking for the most accurate .22 rifle I could get for under $400, and it seems the best are the cz 455, marlin model 60, and the savage mkII btv. I've (probably) decided on the Savage, because it seems to be equal to the CZ in performance, cheaper in price, and doesn't need any modifications, like the Marlin. Seemingly the only difference between the btv and fv is the stock design and material. Because I like synthetic stocks more and because it is cheaper, I would like to get the fv, if the only difference is the stock. Is there any other difference? Is one type more accurate than the other? Also, what type of rail does this rifle have?
  2. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Yep, the difference is the stock. The barrels and actions are the same, so I'd imagine they will shoot similarly. The laminate stock version is slightly heavier.

The bases fit typical clamp-on type rings.
  3. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

+1 to what StoneChimney said. I have both models of Savage .22 rifles - synthetic stock and laminate - and the accuracy is the same. The laminate guns balance a bit better due to the weight of the stock. The synthetics are a bit muzzle heavy.
  4. ShotgunShells

ShotgunShells New Member

thanks alot, that helps bunches.
  5. aandabooks

aandabooks Member

I have the BV topped with a 4x16-40 scope and it will shoot one ragged hole at 50 yards off a rest. I use only CCI Mini-Mag in it. Great gun but a little heavy for going after squirrel. I carry a Mark II-G with a fixed 4x for that.
  6. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Like your style, the Savage is an awesome rifle,either way you will be pleased!:)