DIL Got 358 Win real good

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabob, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Gabob

Gabob Active Member

Golden Corral

OK, I have been asked to once again relate the story of my Mother's day adventure with 358 Winchester (Ron) so here it goes.
    For those that don't know Ron can be a bit of a character, especially in public. So on this Mother's day we were heading off to go shopping and Ron said I could go with him and Hardball .(Robbie) Now I know that this is not going to be good both of them in public. But Gabj was there and made Ron promise not to pull anything. Ron being very respectful of Mrs.Bj agreed. It couldn't have made me happier, I was in the clear from Ron and the day was mine....

Lunch was decided for the Golden Corral, now while in line to pay ,I see they have a Senior discount and ask for it since I am lunching with my father in law(told waitress Ron was F-I-L). The waitress has no problem with this. Shows us where we can sit. We are centered in a small dining area with several other tables around us, all full of people. As we sit down I tell Robbie in a loud enough voice so everyone can hear. Look I'll help him get his dinner, but if he messes his pants again your taking care of it this time. After a few odd looks from Ron and Robbie they go off to get their food. I explained to our waitress that my father in law was hard of hearing and she needed to speak loudly to him. Also that since mom had passed we always picked Dad up from the home on mother's day since it was his Birthday. I asked if they did anything special, she let me know that they really didn't but being so moved by my story would talk to the manager. When Ron and Robbie got back to the table the kindly waitress came by to fill drinks and yelled to to Ron, Sir what can I get for you? its so nice that your son and daughter in law spend this time with you. Ron glares a bit but hangs in there. The waitress pulled me aside to let me know that the manager agreed to let the staff sing happy birthday to him and give him a piece of cake. In turn I asked if she could please look and see if they had sprinkles, cause one of the things that I remembered most was how dad always put sprinkles on our birthday cakes, and he would love it. Waitress comes by and again looks at Ron and loudly says, Can I get you anything else ? I can take these plates. With that sympathetic smile. I nodded at her to let her know what a good job she was doing and how much I appreciated her help with Dad. Again I got that look from Ron After our meal was just about over our waitress and several of the others gathered around our table, placed a large coffee filter upside down on top of Ron's head for a hat, placed a lovely piece of cake with tons of sprinkles in front of him and sang Happy Birthday very loudly so he could hear every word. It was truly a moving moment. and the coffee filter hat was an extra added touch on their part. Many of the people who were sitting around stopped by as they left to let me know how wonderful it was to see young people taking such Good care of their parents. One even asked what home he was in cause they had a similar situation in there family. All in all I have to say Ron was a good sport about it all and now I can never go out in public with him again cause I don't think he will ever promise Mrs Bj to be good again. I had my shot and took it ,now I wait till it comes back around and I know it will and that will be the rest of the story....
  2. artabr

artabr New Member

That was painful to read. I was laughing so hard, it hurt. :eek: :D :D

Art
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Good one.

Someone has to post the "payback" story.
    You know it is coming.
  4. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

You dang right it is and GaBob along with his son are on the same list in the same slot as she is :D
    Now the rest of the story is

This is good background music for this story
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnRqYMTpXHc&feature=related

OH it was funny and she almost told it right She said in a loud real loud voice to Robbie as he and I are half way to the food bar
    " Robbie if dad carps his pants again it is your turn to clean him I had to it last we brought him here" you have understand Lynn can be heard 20 blocks when she whispers.
    They where in front of me when we went in and when I tried to pay for my meal the cashier yells at me "It is OK sir the kids paid for you" right then I should have known to walk out. All through the meal she is say things like " you need me to cut that meat for you, dad" another sign that something is up her calling me dad and talking so loudly.
    I turned to a blueish-white haired lady with a cane and ask if I could borrow her can to whoop Lynn and she said " well did you wash your hands after you pooped your pants"
    People where walking past me telling me happy birthday and patting me on the back, others are walking up and tell what a wonderful son and daughter I have , they where all yelling at me, all while Mrs. Hardball is in her glory and Robbie is graining so big you could have drive a dump truck throught that grin.
    My day just went down hill. Lynn tried to implicate several others as having prior knowledge about it all but it was all her and the others have been released form the list until now Gabob & Hardball are both back on the top right along side Lynn
    My day will come and even I have to return from the grave I will get them and the minute it happens they will know " Dang he got me after all"

Now in closing I will leave you with this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDm_ZHyYTrg&feature=fvw
    Unlike the song this little devil will get them souls:D:D
  5. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

Ron I see your reading this, not laughing at you but with you.that made my day
  6. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

Oh it was a good one something just like I would pull But I had promised Mrs. BJ that I would be on my best behavior and not embarrass the Daughter in Law.
    All that was good for that one day only the gloves are off and this old mind of mine works 24 / 7 !! 8 /3 is spend on things to do for payback so far , three months now everything I have come up with is just a little to mild ;)
  7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Dang, that hurts. I think I broke a rib! :D:D:D

Took my daughter out to dinner once when she was in her 30s. As we were ordering, daughter ordered a glass of wine. I told the waitress to change that to Coke, because I didn't want them to lose their liquor license. "DAD! REALLY!" :D:rolleyes::D

Pops
  8. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

Revenge is mine says 358(evil laugh goes here)
  9. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Embarrassing our children in public. Another service provided to our children by us old farts. No charge.
  10. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I was in Piccadilly Cafeteria a couple of years ago, the local WFW or some such was having a meeting and lunch. There were about a hundred of them including the wives. Some guy decided he was going to pay for every one of them. He stood at the cash register collecting the bills loudly saying "You're money is no good here today. Lunch is on me. I'm buying the heroes lunch. Etcetera, etcetera and etcetera." After all the vets got gone it was time to pay up. But, he didn't have any money. Management called the law. Two officers arrived at the same time, they took one look at the generous fellow and began laughing. They knew him well. He was both crazy as a loon and penniless.:D