Dirty Harry style Magnum shooting video

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Steven42, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Steven42

Steven42 New Member

I had fun at the range. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxqJys26QKw

Anyway, do we have photo and video threads? I see people keep opening new threads for videos, I think it would be better if we have 1 thread for the range photos and vids.

:patriotic:
  2. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

Nice gun and they did use a .357 for a lot of the video in the movie but Harry was supposed to carry a .44 magnum. :) That's a nice barrel length for a car gun IMO. It can be carried but they do get heavy and trying to conceal one is tough. I have a shoulder holster for my 629 .44 mag (same gun as Harry only stainless and mine has a longer barrel) and the holster hangs out from under my shirt. Hmmm... Not sure that wouldn't print if I wore it. ;)

I know one thing. That handgun will stop a bear in it's tracks if you hit the bear right (which isn't easy to do if a bear is charging you). But that's why I keep it around. I almost traded it off for a big profit at one time then I got invaded by bears. Now I'm glad I kept it.
  3. Steven42

Steven42 New Member

I almost bought a .44, but the ammo cost scared me away. ;)
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Bought my first .44Mag back in '77, a Ruger Black Hawk. Started reloading for it cause I couldn't afford the ammo! Didn't buy it because of the movie, but wanted to hunt with it. It was my first hand gun, and it took me 3 years to lean to shoot it!
  5. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I own eight of them bad boys, and one is a model 629. :D
  6. 1969SS396

1969SS396 New Member

Speaking of ammo costs for a .44, best price I can find for factory ammo is at Wally world at a little less than 40 bucks......anyone got a better place/price?
  7. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    You can get a little better deal by shopping on line. But wally world is about as good as it gets. The very reason I got into reloading! My reloads cost around $15 a box.