Dirty Weapons

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Airborne1101, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Bindernut

Bindernut Well-Known Member

Now that's funny! :D
  2. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

Its best to keep them this way - more primers, powder, brass and bullets for us!
  3. Airborne1101

Airborne1101 New Member

I am a firm believer that every firearm has a particular round that it likes to eat. One of the fun part of reloading is mixing and matching bullet types & weights, Brass manufacturers, Powder types & charges, & primers in combination utill you find the best combo for that particular firearm. As a side note it gives me reasons to go to the range and stay on the loading bench. also as a result of my quest my daughter has decided that her calling in life is to be a forensic firearm & tool mark examiner. Anyway I will continue the quest, and as so many others on this forum have found the ultimate round for any firearm is not necessarily the heaviest, or the fastest but somewhere in between which makes our quest all the more challenging and fun.
  4. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I dont know, Wolf ammo is some pretty dirty stuff. Doest really fit in with their only shootn clean ammo claim... Was pretty funny though:D
  5. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

My answer would have been "well you better watch out then".
  6. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

I guess those guys don't realize that professional benchrest shooters with ten thousand dollar rifles shoot only reloads....
  7. olehippy

olehippy New Member

Good point Woodchuck. ‘Professional Shooters’ – AKA ‘Snipers’, military and LE (SWAT, both local and fed) – only use handloaded ammo, many times with once fired brass.

Granted often the actual shooter didnt actually load the round (some do), but it damn sure isnt off-the-shelf boxed ammo. BTW their armors has a bit more training and professionalism than the union worker at Wolf or Winchester. . .

Miles
  8. Airborne1101

Airborne1101 New Member

+1 to the hippy. I have several freinds who were military snipers two of whom now work special deatails for the secret service and they wont chamber a factory loaded round. they spend hours upon hours working hand loads up for specific assignments, ranges, environments etc. these guys are the best of the best. If they trust hand loads I am sure it's good enough for me.
  9. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

I'll say. A lot of times I'm too polite. Too many lonely people at the range who are there to talk not shoot. There have been several times I have gone to the range and after three or four hours, leave and realize you have been shooting for half an hour.:(
  10. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Screw em..... opinions are like butt holes....

everybody's got 1
    ....:D