Disabled and terminally ill kids..United Special Sportsmen Alliance

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by John mozingo, May 3, 2003.

1. John mozingo

John mozingo New Member

:) Hi My Name Is John Mozingo. I am With the United Special Sportsmen Alliance (U.S.S.A.) Our non-profit organization coordinates Hunting and Fishing Trips for Disabled and Terminally Ill kids all over the United States. We’ve coordinated approximately 40 trips over the last year and seven already this year at little or no cost to the participant. A parent, family member, guardian or caretaker is always welcome and encouraged to participate. All of our hunting and fishing trips are donated by independent landowners, game ranchers--large and small, and caring individuals like yourself. To date our hunts have been quite varied: Bear, Hog, Turkey, Deer, Elk and Bison, we welcome all types of hunting and fishing experiences. We’ve recently lined up a fishing trip in June for five Kansas girls with cancer and their families. These girls met and became good friends during treatment sessions. We need help us to recruit more terminally ill or disabled kids interested in a trip of this kind. We put trips on all around the US. Feel free to check us out at http://www.deerfood.com/Elizabeth hunt.htm Thanks for your time. If you can help by donating in any way fishing trips- hunting. or by referring kids, it would be most helpful erely,
    UNITED SPECIAL SPORTSMEN ALLIANCE
    John Mozingo, Board Member mozingoj@hotmail.com
  2. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hey!

Welcome John!, Looks like you have a good thing going for these kid's. I'll check out your link and see what I can do. Again Welcome!!!...:)
  3. John mozingo

John mozingo New Member

Disabled and terminally ill kids

Thank you smoking guns.We have a boy comming to ohio to turkey hunt next weekend.The hunt is going to be fimled.If you know of any who need help let us know.Thank you John Mozingo.U.S.S.A.....:)
  4. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Hey!

John, What area? I'll see what I can do to help promote it!...;)
  5. TF118

TF118 New Member

John,
    Exelent post and a most worthy cause...I have always liked getting all children involved with the outdoors... hunting or fishing...getting hunts setup and organized for the disabled & ill children is a very great thing to do for them and I want to try promoting this up here in the Northeast Kingdom ...being a quadriplegic myself I was just beginning to work on promoting hunts in the area for disabled hunters...I had not thought of disabled or ill children and I'm so glad to see your post...I know a couple land owners and a hunting preserve that I was going to talk to regarding the disabled hunts but now I will give a prority to arranging hunts for disabled or ill children !!
    Thanks for posting here ...Gabby
  6. John mozingo

John mozingo New Member

Smoking gun.It is in the stone creek area.Thank you for helping.John Mozingo..U.S.S.A..;)
  7. John mozingo

John mozingo New Member

Tfii8.Thank you for wanting to help.We can use all the help we can get.We also help dissabled vets.We work with the disabled vets to go on hunts also.If you and smoking gun would like one of our packets email your address.And ill send you some more info.Ill Tell you Some of our up coming hunts.A little girl who just had a lung tranplant going on a bear hunt in minn with a cross bow..two boys in whele chairs going on bear hunts in minn.a boy going on a deer hunt brain damage.a boy with cistis fibrous.deer hunt in kansas.and a lspecial hunt for a lady and her family on a deer hunt this fall.This is just a few we have lined up so farAnd some fishing trips.We try to make their dream come true.If you would lake to go on a trip we will find you one.Lets keep in touch we can help each other.Thank you John Mozingo U.S.S.A Board Member.;)
  8. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

E-mail...

John, Send any info. to doug_lebel@yahoo.com...I'll e-mail you back with my ISP address. Once again Welcome! and your doing an excellent thing for these kids!...:)
  9. John mozingo

John mozingo New Member

Smoking gun ill send some info tommrow.We just got a new brochure made up as soon as Bridig.or presdent send me some ill send you some to pass out.And we are geting a new web site put togather.Oh Bridig lives in wisconsin.So it will be a day or so on them.Thank You .John Mozingo U.S.S.A:) ;)
  10. TF118

TF118 New Member

John heres my address Send me information to present to land owners and hunting preserve's that will help me to setup some hunts for the children

Mike Gaboriault
    P.O. Box 24 Coventry, Vermont 05825 USA
    802-754-2491 FAX 802-754-2080
    mgabor@kingcon.com http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/
  11. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

Gabby, John and SmokinGuns, it does my heart good to see you all comming together for a GREAT cause.

I look forward to see how this all comes together for you all.