DISABLED VETERAN

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by blind bud, Nov 1, 2011.

1. blind bud

blind bud New Member

ARE VIETNAM VETERANS THAt ARE SERVICE CONNECTED 100 percent . DISABLED ???
    WELL I TRIED THE WOUNDED WARRIORS THEY TELL ME IF YOU ARE NOT POST 911 YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY OF WHAT I CALL DREAM AND TROPHY HUNTS AND SURE AS HELL WERE NOT NICE ABOUT IT ?????
    DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY DISABLED HUNTS OR HELP FOR DISABLED VIETNAM VETS IF SO PLEASE EMAIL ME .
    BLIND BUD snakeobryan@aol.com
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    It's like that everwhere. Here, in TX, if you are not 100% disabled you don't qualify for anything.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  3. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

I would tend to personally agree. If 100% disabled it would be difficult, expensive and possibly not possible to participate in some of the activities supported by this program. I would like to know, however, whether the "post 9/11" thing is true.

About six months ago I saw a commercial with Trace Atkins in support of the "advance guard" for Wounded Warriors Project where you sign up for a reoccuring $19 monthly donation to WWP. If this project were only for post 9/11 soldiers and not for ANY wounded warrior who wanted to participate I would be quite disappointed. Probably not enough to cancel my participation but concerned just the same.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  4. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

From what i understood its for all vets. I may be wrong but i thought they said nam and desert storm so i'll keep my eyes open. Like i said i could be wrong, it happened once before. lol
  5. vytoland

vytoland New Member

military = use em up n spit em out. government always has plenty on hand.
  6. blind bud

blind bud New Member

well i just got off phone from wounded warriors main office here in florida jacksonville . they told me wish we could take nam vets buthis organization was sat up for post 911 vet only . we are very sorry , idid ask along with my wife why do not tell people when asking for that donation each month for wounded warriors that it is not for nam vets , the pictures the men had we saw were 140, and up bucks black bear ,elk and duck ,geese and free benele shotgun hell i can not spell those high dollar duck shotguns . that is the holy truth.
    l/cpl marcus obryan u.s.m.c. dav.
    BLIND BUD
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

sorry to hear This Bud , if you ever make it to Australia you call the RSL ( like your VFW) here and say you wanna go shooting , ask for Jack in NSW , we got ww2 Korea Nam the african wars asiatic wars and current war vet's , no difference , they all served

end of story

your all welcome
  8. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Been hunting last few years with a vet who was in I Corp in 68. This past year he brought his squad leader from back then up with him and they killed caribou , bear, wolves; got in quite a bit of shooting. I listen to their stories, about when friends were killed, when they were wounded and about so many hills and some place called charlie ridge I can't remember them all. Both are suffering today in more pain than I'd want but still can out hunt my butt. A vet wouldn't have much problem finding other vets to hunt with I'd think.
  9. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Sorry to hear being turned down but i hate to see anyone turned away vet or non vet.
  10. terryu1

I was discouraged to see that Viet Nam vets not included in WWF. I am from that era even though I never server, I have many friends who did and a few who did not come home.

That said I was happy to check out the Wounded Warriors Foundation website and they have a Mission Statement in plain view and it says

"Wounded Warrior Projectâ„¢ (WWP) exists to honor and empower wounded warriors who incurred service-connected injures on or after September 11, 2001. On that date, America watched in horror as approximately 3,000 people died including hundreds of firefighters and rescue workers.

The tragic events of Sept. 11 are often the reason warriors say they felt a sense of duty to volunteer for the military. These individuals chose to defend our country, and that is why we honor them.

Sept. 11 also served as a catalyst for conflicts Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF). Operation Iraqi Freedom refers to military operations in Iraq that began March 19, 2003 and officially ended August 31, 2010. Operation Enduring Freedom refers to combat operations in Afghanistan and other regions in support of the Global War on Terror."

I would have been disappointed if this was not public info but they have it right there on their website and it is not hard to find. As stated I am disappointed but will not withdraw my monthly support.
  11. hunterfisher

hunterfisher New Member

Bud, as you know, you and I are in the same boat. I've learned to not even ask about, ANY, disabled hunts. Guys like you and me are considered, ''Over The Hill Vets.'' It's not right. But then again, we should be used to it.
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

hunterfisher , dont take this the wrong way , but thats the wrong attitude

your troops , you make things happen , theres enough folks here , try to start your own hunt's , more abled folks will help especially other veterans

find some land suitable in a few area's around the place and set it up

dont get used to being second class , get loud , be proud , dont ask for charity but a hand to do what you all love ..

heck we got a tiny nation compared , but we can get it done here ..

give it a go .. ;)

cheers

in fact i know of a gent who has land in montana , i'd be only too happy to ask him if less abled vet's can hunt there , he's put good road's through out his place over the year's , great guy , veteran , high up with the montana militia ..

find 3-4 other places round the country and go for it so each quarter of the US has a spot at least ..
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  13. terryu1

I agree with Jack, but for a different reason. You military folk are cut from a different fiber than the 99% that are sleeping in the parks around the country. YOU do not go out and demand freebies, but rather YOU usually defer that those be given to others first. That is what makes current troops and vets such special people in my eye and those of the majority of the country.
  14. whymememe

whymememe Former Guest

I'm with you hunterfish, they buried me a long time ago.
  15. papadude

papadude New Member

Blind Bud and Hunterfisher I own 160 acres of timber up here in Iowa. You may have heard we have some pretty fair deer hunting up here. I'll make you an offer . If you can draw an Iowa deer tag and get up here I will furnish you a place to stay and you're welcome to hunt any and all of my deer stands at no charge Hell I'll even feed you for a week. if you are interested let me know. I know it isn't much but i'll do what I can to get you a good time. My brothers and I are in the prcess of building wheel chair accessible blinds for a couple of young men to hunt Turkeys from this spring. this is a picture of our little piece of heavan,

[​IMG]