Dishnetwork dropped AMC!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ryan42, Jul 4, 2012.

1. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

Dishnetwork dropped AMC and that makes me mad.I watch that channel 80% of the time plus thats the channel that plays Walking Dead.I went to AMCTV.Com and they have a link set up to email dish and tell them to get it back.So if any of you guys got dish you may want to do that.If they dont get it back im switching to DirectTV.:mad:
  2. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Dish Network/Echostar is notorious for dropping channels everytime they come up for contract renewal. They claim it is to save their viewers money, but they somehow forget to pass it on to their customers. The networks share an equal amount of blame for demanding more money from the provider.
  3. geds

geds New Member

Direct did this with Versus just before the Tour de France a couple of years ago. Not too long afterward, they got it back. The second time they did it, I switched to ATT.
  4. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

we've had direct TV and dish network in the past. I found no problems with either not having channels I like. I simply adapt since I don't watch much.

I also found less signal problems with Dtv but it still get me grinding. when you really need the thing to work it drops out. ie; severe storms/tornados
  5. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Different strokes. I made the mistake of switching from dish to directtv and got stuck in a two year contract. The picture was pixelated(s) for the entire two years. I had their install techs here three times over the first six months. At one visit or another, the wiring was completely replaced, the dish was replaced and the receiver was replaced.

The only reason I switched is because direct was running a special pricing. I was told I could stay on the cheap if I signed up for two years.

I called dish at the end of 16 months, had them install their own dish, and hook me up. I ate the last six months of the contract.

I have yet to have a problem of any kind with dish. Fingers crossed.
  6. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I dont have a problem with there equipment or reception but if there not going to carry the channel i watch alot then what good are they?Im hoping before the new season of my show comes back on they get AMC back if not their out of here.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  7. raven818

I just went on-line to their Chat service. I asked what happened to AMC, this is their reply:

The channels AMC Networks forces us to deliver -- WE, IFC and AMC -- do not give our customers the best content at the best value. We have permanently removed them from the DISH line up as of June 30.
    Don K (ID: JKC): We have remained in contact with AMC throughout this situation. Should AMC choose to change their position, we remain open to a proposal that would resolve this issue.

DISH is providing more movie content to its customers. We offer top quality, commercial-free HDNet Movies at channel 130, replacing AMC. AXS TV (formerly HDNet), replaced IFC at channel 131. Style has replaced WE at channel 128. Additionally, we are providing all of our customers with a free preview of great independent films on IndiePlex and to dozens of top movies on Encore for the month of July. This will give our customers a taste of the thousands of movies on demand as part of Blockbuster @Home.
  8. raven818

I just added both to my lineup ( 130 & 131 )
  9. Zhurh

Zhurh Active Member

Is HDN still on dir tv? I couldn't find it other day. We don't watch much tv in the summer. Boy do I remember the versus crap, missed hockey games after paying for center ice.
  10. raven818

You can do what I just did for ryan42, on-line. Easy enough.
  11. ryan42

ryan42 New Member

I was on AMC website and this is their side of the story. The reason dish removed our channel is because they were in a unrelated lawsuit and by removing our channel it would give them the more leverage.They went on to say that they in know way asked for more money from dish to continue providing their channel.

Again this Is AMC side of the story.It makes know sense to me.But if they dont resolve this before October Im going to have to switch service because I have to have my weekly dose of WalkingDead.Id hate to think I would have to go over to my mom and dads every sunday to watch a show.But that would be the only other option.
  12. Thorisin

Thorisin New Member

Torrent it. Thats what I did when I was in China.
  13. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I love directv best picture over dish ans comcast or cox in my area. Has all my channels and stuck it to Viacom when they wanted $1 million more for there channels. HDNet is now axxes on-the-job same station.
  14. skullfr

skullfr New Member

I use cable and AMC is all over bout how Dish dropped em.
  15. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

That is exactly what I do on the stuff I can't get or what I miss recording. I watched the entire season of Walking Dead last year by downloading the torrent!! Every time it would start recording on my DVR, my wife would cut it off!!