Dissassembly of Buckmark - Where can I get manual

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Jbobin
    (12/17/02 3:25:50 pm)
    Reply Dissassembly of Buckmark - Where can I get manual
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just purchased a Buckmark with a 6inch barrel, rubber grips and Tasco ProPoint III on it from the local shop. It is in great shape, but it is really dirty. How do I break this thing down? It is much different than my High Standard.

Help.

Jb

K75RT
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/17/02 5:04:01 pm)
    Reply Re: Dissassembly of Buckmark - Where can I get manual
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This site has numerous pdf files for any number of firearms. They have one for the Buckmark. HTH.
    www.gunmanuals.ch/manuals02.htm
    If you believe it is reprehensible to possess the will and means to repel a criminal assault...how can you rightfully ask another to risk his life to protect yours?

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/18/02 10:57:13 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Dissassembly of Buckmark - Where can I get manual
    Go here for a HTML or a PDF file of the owners manual
    www.browning.com/products...anuals.htm

All you need is an allen wrench and a screwdriver.

Use the screwdriver for the grip screws.

The allen wrench will remove the screws that hold on the top strap containing the rear site. There is a recoil rod with a spring under the top strap that can go flying if you are not careful. Pay attention to the way the rubber buffer in back and the recoil rod guide come out. The recoil rod guide is tapered on two sides.

Remove the barrel with the allen wrench also. The screw is on the bottom front base of the barrel. Really no need to take it down any further.

It is much more simpler than I type it. Look at the manual at the Browning website and print of the pages you need. Just pay attention when you take it apart and you will see how simple it is.

You now own the most reliable and accurate .22 pistol you can get for anywhere near what they sell for.
    In 49 states ignorance is a crime. In the other one it is bliss.

corpis66
    (12/18/02 5:39:31 pm)
    Reply Re: Dissassembly of Buckmark - Where can I get manual
    i believe the allen wrench that removes the barrel is a bit bigger than the on that take the rear sight off...

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/18/02 6:04:56 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Dissassembly of Buckmark - Where can I get manual
    Might be. Been awhile since I had mine apart.

Pure laziness keeps me from going to look
    In 49 states ignorance is a crime. In the other one it is bliss.

Jbobin
    (12/20/02 10:16:07 am)
    Reply Thanks..this thing was very dirty.
    I dissassembled the Buckmark and it is my conclusion that it must have never been cleaned.

Thanks for all the help. I have learned more in the last week about .22's than I have in the last 2 years hanging at the range. Sometimes people have that 'range' attitude, or just don't want to be bothered.

Merry Christmas.

Jb