Disturbing new Kid's movie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bruce FLinch, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Anyone with children or grandchildren should pay close attention to the following:

You may already know about this children's movie coming out in December starring Nicole Kidman. It's called The GoldenCompass , and while it will be a watered down version, it is based on a series of children's books about killing God (It is the anti-Narnia, anti-GOD). Please follow this link and then pass it on. From what I understand, the hope is to get a lot of kids to see the movie - which won't seem too bad - and then get the parents to buy the books for their kids for Christmas. The quotes from the author sum it all up.

Http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp
  2. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Good reseach and post, Bruce.

I heard that the creator of this sacrilege was quoted as saying that his singular goal in life is to "kill God." May plagues of mind boggling magnitude come upon him... boils, festering sores, swarming locusts, hemmorhoids, blindness, incontinence, rashes of all sorts, male pattern baldness, and general pestilence, until such time as he repents.
  3. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Hemmorhoids and incontinence...? :eek::D

Pat you're one of a kind... ;)

mike
    gn
  4. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

This is America, Any movie can be made, Regardless of what it said. And if a god can be killed, Its not a god then.-Char
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

What? No Post Nasel Drip? :D
  6. no_Wedge

no_Wedge New Member

yes, the writer of this movie said that it was designed to "kill God" and that is why they released it around chrismas shopping time, so parents would leave there kids to watch it why they shop.
  7. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

That post ain't true at all. I am a diehard Southern man so, Let's say I wanted to make a movie that did nothing but glorify killing colored folks, killing queers, then top it of by beating the sh*t out of illegal mexicans.
    Do you honestly believe that the naacp and the rest of the racist groups would let me put that movie out. Then the same gays wanting marriage would keep me from releasing it. Then these pro imigration folks would come out of the woodwork complaining about the violence towards the mexicans. The only difference is when movies are released spewing hate towards whites and christians we don't stand up and complain about it and try to sew the people that made it.
  8. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

Unfortunatly for the assorted rights groups, You can. If you are stopped it is a different matter. That would mean you got a judge who wasnt impartial. And thats the judges fault. -Char
  9. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

The writer/producer of this movie set out to "intellectually" kill God. He is utterly impotent to do it literally.

Be assured Char; God could kick his wimpy, liberal, left-coast, metrosexual, tofu eating, Hillary loving, limp wristed, self-absorbed, viscious, stupid ass with remarkable ease. The problem with kicking this punks ass? It'd be too damn easy.
  10. lohki13

lohki13 Former Guest

Actually he is from Britain so i doubt he gives a rats @$$ about US politics.

They are good books two. I bought a set for my niece not to long ago.
    Hopefully when she gets old she will enjoy them.

But the books aren't just aimed at Christianity it is against any organized religion. So ebfore you bad mouth something you no nothing about read the book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/His_Dark_Materials

Cameron.
  11. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Char, Look at recent court cases, Recent story's on the news, or in the papers. It is alright to show anger and violence toward whites, Just like it is ok to show anger towards Christians. Start watching the news and really paying attention. If 5 muslim extremist jump on a christian it is assualt, But if 2 christians jump on a muslim, It is a religious hate crime which is alot more serious than assualt. Same thing with different races. 5 white guys jump on a colored and it is a racist hate crime cause they were white. But 5 coloreds jump on a white guy it is assualt which is a simple petty charge. Their was a movie a few years back that was not allowed to be released all it did was show the muslim extremist, Acting how they act and doing what they do. But you might not remember it because it wasn't allowed to be releases because some muslims thought it would give em all a bad name.

Pat, I guess we are some of the few left with common sense
  12. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

the movie will tank & this nobody will slink off into oblivion licking his festering wounds, jealous as hell that cs lewis is so popular....
  13. no_Wedge

no_Wedge New Member

this is true, as we can now see especially in America, Christian minorities are beginning to be the ones persecuted for things that a century ago would not be. This is all fortold in the Bible and part of the "greater plan".
  14. IShootBack

IShootBack Well-Known Member

Ya forgot frogs Pat...
    This is so funny yet I wish the same for them.
  15. dcd_enterprises

dcd_enterprises New Member

AMEN