Disturbing News about Guv. Christie

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by AL MOUNT, Oct 3, 2011.

1. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Sorry to say I heard Chris Wallace on FNC.
    state that the Guv. favored the AWB.....:eek:

Scratch Christie...:bleh:

Does anyone know whar Cain's views are ??
  2. ofitg

ofitg Active Member

3. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

I also initially jumped at the prospect of Christie but in addition to "some" gun control issues he also does not feel that being in the United States undocumented is a crime and he believes in global warming and also that humans are partially responsible for it.

The latter is not so disturbing for me but first and second issues bother me. I, of course need to hear more but this is the early take I got from talk shows this weekend. I am sure he will alter some positions if he runs but I like to know what he truely feels and it appears there are three issues I have a problem with.
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I dont like any of them yet. I want to be pres. I wish George Patton were alive today.
  5. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

I hear ya.Not only that, he said he believes in global warming which amounts to a carbon credit exchange and a world tax.I like that he fights back and gets in the face of liberals but more gun restrictions and supporting this global warming,hell no!!!!!
  6. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

7. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Y'all gotta remember Governor Christie may be a big frog, but NJ's a small pond ! He's only "conservative" against his background of "uber liberal" NJ ! Not too much to like about the man on the national scene ! >MW
  8. cutter

cutter New Member

Thank You Millwright, you nailed it! He seems to be conservitive in NJ, but a Rino in the conservitive states.
  9. Juker

Juker New Member

Amen.

Every army needs troops in the trenches, and every hive needs worker bees.

Christite's doing a good job where he's at, but that certainly doesn't qualify him to be POTUS.

Witness the current quagmire. A good community organizer does not a good president make.
  10. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Well It is all a moot point as he has finally decided and the answer to run is NO!!!
  11. bakerconch

bakerconch New Member

Well said. I'm glad hes not running.
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I'm happy as well.

Not so left leaning in NJ does NOT make one a conservative.

Try telling that to the people in Seattle.:p

Hoping and praying that another RINO would get some traction....:rolleyes: Bwahaha.:)
  13. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Cain's position, as stated on Wolf Blitzer on CNN, was that it should be a state's right to determine how to look at gun control. I think he is absolutely wrong.

Reason being that the Second Amendment is a Constitutional right. The last time I checked, the Constitution is the law of the land, not state law. As the Constitution later states in the Tenth Amendment, anything not specifically listed in the Constitution would be left to the states to decide. Well that's a no-brainer. The Second Amendment (right of the people to keep and bear arms and form militias) IS mentioned in the Constitution, therefore it is not a state's right to have a position on it unless it is exactly the same as in the US Constitution. Any deviation from that violates the "Supremacy Clause." Right now, any state that has any kind of law which prohibits people from keeping and bearing arms or forming well-organized militias is breaking with the US Constitution. For example, barring concealed carry is a breach of the Constitution. "Right of the people to keep and bear arms." The last time I checked, you Constitutional rights apply everywhere in the United States, not just in the privacy of your own home. You have a right not to be a slave outside your home don't you? You have a right to free speech outside your home don't you? Why should the Second Amendment be any different? Because it might offend people? Please. If people are offended by American rights, they ought to move to a place like the UK where you can't have anything except a shotgun designed for sporting use after a politician gives you permission to have it.

Then again, it should not be a Federal right to "interpret" the Second Amendment either. The entire reason it was put in there was to stop a strong, centralized government that would crush a man's rights. If they are allowed to rule on it, how is that not a conflict of interest? I would go so far as to say it should be amended and written to be permanent. Nobody could ever change it, interpret it, or delete it except for 100% of American citizens. Not even our so-called "representatives" should be allowed to amend it. I mean how much do our "representatives" really represent us? I doubt all those representatives in California represent their voters.

I am still questionable about Rick Perry. He seems like he supports the Second Amendment they way WE see it. I'm not too hot on him because he supports illegal aliens going to school in his state. Mitt Romney obviously does not support the Second Amendment. Take a look at how it is treated in his state.

As unelectable as he may be, I still think so far the best candidate we have as far as gun rights go is Ron Paul.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011