Dixie Flintlock

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

8mmSteyr
    (8/20/02 11:40:34 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Dixie Flintlock
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    At a gunshow this last weekend, I saw a huge flintlock that was marked "Dixie Kentucky Mountain Rifle". At least thats what the handwritten tag said. It was a .50 with long (42"?) octagon barrel and full length stock. I fell in love with this rifle and must have one.
    I just ordered Dixie's current catalog, but can't wait for it to come, so....does anybody know if this rifle is still in the Dixie catalog? Preferably in kit form.
    He had a price of $495 on it.

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/30/02 1:37:06 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Dixie Flintlock
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8mmSteyer-

Check out Dixies 14 pages of rifles at: www.dixiegunworks.com/cgi...html?E dgw

the real fredneck
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/5/02 11:17:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Dixie Flintlock
    500 bucks for a gun that dosen't consistently go BANG when you pull the trigger?

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (9/6/02 5:08:38 am)
    And why would the flinchlock not go bang consistantly ? Been watching too many movies?

Fred, my flinchlock always went bang when the trigger was pressed. No delay like on the movies. Siler lock and a good English flint plus a clean touch hole and the flinchlock works great. The lock out of the rifle with the flint installed would burn a wet dog. Sparks would roll in the charging pan.

8mmSteyr
    (10/19/02 10:52:05 pm)
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    The Dixie catalog came, but the rifle I'm looking for is not in it. I'll keep looking.
    As far as the price goes, if I had 5 bills on me at the time of the show, the rifle would be right beside me.

Sorry it took so long for me to answer your replies, but lightning took out my modem.