DixieLandMan

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by JLA, Jul 12, 2012.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    I got the TX Brass in the mail today. I hope the .38s I sent found you just as quickly. I am going to give them the royal prep treatment and load them with some 2400 and 125 XTPs.

Thanks Jason!

2. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Alabama
    You are very welcome. Enjoy! I'll let you know about the .38's when I get them.

3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    I just finished loading them up.

16.5 gr 2400 under a 125 XTP. This ammo looks good and the headstamp makes me feel a strong sense of pride.

Attached Files:

4. skullfr

skullfr New Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Beaumont,Texas
  5. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Active Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Weatherford Texas
    They look real good.

6. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Central, Ohio
    As usual Josh nice pictures. All kidding aside I think it is neat that you have that TEXAS brass. Beautiful.

7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Athens, Georgia
    That's pretty slick!!

8. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Alabama
    I'm glad you like them and they do look really nice! I know that you'll enjoy them. I got your package Saturday. Thank you so much! PM sent.

9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Heart Of Texas
    I shot some of them today. I love that 16.5 gr load. Nice big blinding balls of fire, and a lemon sized 12 shot cluster on the target. I had my daughter take video of me shooting it but my phone went dead. So ill have to figure that one out later.

But on a technical note. the brass isnt just a novelty item. They weigh consistently and group well. Expansion mimics starline brass with the same loads. this is quality stuff.

10. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Alabama
    I'm glad that you liked them and that they are not just a novelty. Glad that you like them! I'll be able to reload some soon.