Do LE fans consider trading a MN?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Laufer, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Laufer

Laufer New Member

How about a MN + 1,100 rds. of Bulgarian ammo for a giant heap of .303 ammo, if it could ever be arranged (ftf)?
    As much as I like my laminated typical Russian 44, the insidiuous and contagious LE virus has attacked and infected what is left of my fragile, unstable mind and body.

This is heresy to the many MN fans at Gunandgame, and they would send me to the chopping block at the Tower of London.

The only milsurps here are the MN and a LE #4:), two #5s:):). Have you guys ever contemplated such a move, if possible?
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  2. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

I haven't considered trading out my mosin, but I do like the SMLEs and wouldn't mind having one. But I would want to keep my Mosin.
  3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR New Member

Are you asking if LE fans would trade for one, or if its normal to get bit buy the LE bug and what to trade in your former obsession? I've had both, still only have LE's, in fact I now have 3. MN's are nice but the trade for a LE is harder to do since the value of the LE's is steadily climbing and the MN has remand the same through the years.
  4. ski9393

ski9393 New Member

I'm still thinking you should just keep what you have, save up and purchase an LE. It may come in handy having both.
  5. Laufer

Laufer New Member

Thanks for your views.

Having about 1,100 rds. of surplus x54R ammo, on second thought, it is probably better to keep the nice MN 44 because it is laminated and fun to shoot.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  6. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

It's funny, I like my LE a lot more than my other rifles, but I have all the surplus x54R ammo as well and do a lot more shooting with the Mosins. I had been looking for surplus .303, I should look again, I only have a hundred rounds, give or take.
  7. gandog56

gandog56 Member

YOU TRAITOR!!!!!!:D
  8. Laufer

Laufer New Member

gandog: Guilty as charged. Would rather be shot than hanged or guillotined.

Was blasting some rotten tree branches and two empty 'Taliban' milk jugs floating on the rain-swollen river today, with my Yugo 48A :D. One empty jug went up into the air, in two or three pieces and was never seen again.

To be quite frank, how can a plastic AR shooting little .223 bullets be that much fun?

In the last two weeks, if it is a military Mauser, I say "Yausa".
    The men in white coats are on their way, with a shot of chlorpromazine or sodium pentathol.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010