Do our Representatives really represent us?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Mar 17, 2009.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Pops
  2. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

Easy to answer. NO
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

amen
  4. artabr

artabr New Member

The only thing they represent is their own wallet and power. They are just a bunch of money hungry, egotistical baffons. :mad:

Art
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

National Guard, yes. Military, no.
  6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I'd like to see the State of Texas, or Arizona call out the Militia. Wouldn't that be fun!!! :D

Arm them with cameras and radios and back them up with a National Guard Armored Brigade.

Pops
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

What's the difference?
    The National Guard was created by an act of Congress. The National Guard is not the militia referenced in the Constitution, no matter how you want to spin it. It is the U.S. military.
  8. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    The mission of the military is defending the nation. It seems to me that guarding the border falls into that category. Using combat forces to chase unarmed illegals is far from optimal but as far as I'm concerned, allowed.
  9. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

One is under the authority of the state, one is under the authority of the federal government (basically).

That is a pretty big difference :D.
  10. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Only kind of. Who foots the bill?

The one who pays is the one in control.
  11. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Textbook Marxism if I've ever seen it ;)
  12. momo

momo Former Guest

and they want to get reelected.:mad:
  13. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I still say go private contractor with it. A handfull of rednecks, a couple of quadrunners and 4 wheel drive trucks, and some huntin dogs. Train the dogs to sniff out refried beans. Reward $50 a head alive, $20 ded. border be secure in about six months.
  14. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

We need a comprehensive approach.

1. Strip away their jobs by creating stricter controls and methods for promoting legal employment.
    -No jobs and there is no motivation to get to the United States

2. Restrict Money Flow
    -Money going to Mexico should have to be followed with paperwork to ensure it was earned legally.

3. Announce a Free-Pass Period towards AWAY [from here]
    -Anyone caught in the process of leaving the United States won't risk standing any form of charge for being here illegally.

4. Aid the Mexican Government
    -A stable and successful Mexico means less people trying to get to America. Additionally, with the increase of drug violence it is foolish to think we can that war by only playing on ONE side of the border. [EDIT: IE military and development aid, which are actually very connected since a STABLE Mexico will naturally achieve more].

Get to the point where the only people trying to cross the border DESERVE to be shot (IE they are related to the drug violence, or that al-Qaeda via Mexico scenario we always hear about- essentially no more illegal immigrants because they are no longer trying to get here) and then we can EASILY protect the border with some high powered rifles (I know pretty liberal of me to advocate not shooting illegal immigrants but I pride myself by proposing only realistic options :D).
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  15. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I think either one will work. We should try Vlad's idea first, and if it doesn't work, go with BG's.
  16. tireman7.62x54r

tireman7.62x54r New Member

Almost 40% of the Federal prison population are non-US citizens. But the Media keeps telling us that illegal & legal immigrants only come here to work.