The Firearms Forum banner

do we as CCW had our heads up our arse?

7K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  ryan42 
#1 · (Edited)
this vidio shows that many of us, fail to properly prepare ourselves to defend ourselves..much less those around us.....and it points out the solution...train..train and more training!

I do understand this is stacked in favor of the BG..and there are many things not addressed in the "classes" but it is just a point to consiter..

#27 ·
this is why practical training as often as possible is recommended.not just standing but all forms of training.I fire all positions at least once a month.I prepare for all types of scenarios.I build on my upper body strength to prepare and try to be as healthy as possible.All info out there is not good and relying on the state requirements are far from enough.I feel it is enough to get you killed or in prison.If you are serious about SD you should become a professional student and suck up every piece of info you can and invest in a reputable SD course.Its not rocket science but requires dedication to learning and practice to where it is 2nd nature.

#28 ·
well I did point out that everything was stacked in the BG's favor...but it was posted to show some glaring faults that are actually being taught in CCW classes today....the LONG t-shirt to conceal....only teaching to draw from a standing position...only teaching ONE type of holster...lots of things many of my favorite people here missed...I am disappointed in some of you!

and yes I knew the vidio was anti-CCW! but why not use it as a training aid on what not to do??

#29 ·
I won't give this video one ounce of recognition. Once again the liberal media is taking something irrelavant and twisting it. IMO this scenario is unrealistic. First off, I will use my daughter as an example. She grew up hunting with her revolver and a single shot .22 rifle. She was taught one shot, one hit. That was drilled into her. Through her life she becamse used to holstering, drawing, shooting, and reloading. She loves it. Now put her in that scenario except take the criminal shooters knowledge of who has the gun away. I will tell you that my daughter would have an extremely good chance of killing the criminal. And then, because the criminal in the video knows the bullets are not real, he has no fear to make him begin jerking when the defensive individual returns fire and he also does not retreat.

What this video fails to show is that criminals are cowards and they prey on the weak and more then often retreat at the threat of a gun. PERIOD!!!

Once again this is a bogus video supported by a one sided opinionated media and I give it no airtime. I hate these liberal people and it is time that we stop and realize they are not doing us any favors.

One last thought. How would this video be different if all the students were armed?

Ignorant liberals, geeesh!!!:mad:

#30 ·
With all the talk of armed citizens being able to stop situations such as the last shooting, the media cant stand the thought of the gun world being right. They produce crap like this to prove to themselves and to their followers that gun owners really cant do anything to help the situation and really could cause more danger than good. It is the lefts view to cower down and run and not fight back. They put inexperienced people in a situation where the shooter knows exactly who has the gun in the classroom and therefore he goes right to that person every time. In a real situation, in all the confusion and scattering, the gunman wouldnt have a clue who was armed and who wasnt and if he did see a gun pulled out against him he would run for the door.

#31 ·
With all the talk of armed citizens being able to stop situations such as the last shooting, the media cant stand the thought of the gun world being right. They produce crap like this to prove to themselves and to their followers that gun owners really cant do anything to help the situation and really could cause more danger than good. It is the lefts view to cower down and run and not fight back. They put inexperienced people in a situation where the shooter knows exactly who has the gun in the classroom and therefore he goes right to that person every time. In a real situation, in all the confusion and scattering, the gunman wouldnt have a clue who was armed and who wasnt and if he did see a gun pulled out against him he would run for the door.
Ya, that's exactly right. The scenario should have had an inexperienced individual come in with a gun that had no knowledge of who was armed. The outcome would be different I'm sure. However, that is why they didn't do it that way I'm sure.

#33 ·
What would have happened if the trained cop was sitting in the classroom, and one of the enexperienced students was told to go into the class room and shoot as many as possible? In the real world the shooter is almost never proficent with the guns he is using. I said almost! Put a student in that class room, who is trained, and the whole thing gets turned around!

#34 ·
What would have happened if the trained cop was sitting in the classroom, and one of the enexperienced students was told to go into the class room and shoot as many as possible? In the real world the shooter is almost never proficent with the guns he is using. I said almost! Put a student in that class room, who is trained, and the whole thing gets turned around!
Yea, and even an untrained person would have a chance at taking the shooter out. For one thing, the shooter wouldnt know anyone in the room was armed. For a second thing, the shooter would take out the immediate threat in front of him, not the random person in the crowd. The person that is given the gun was set up to fail, plain and simple. It just would not likely have went down that way in a real life situation. And like was already said, what bad guy trains for this situation? None. His likelyhood of failure is very high. He wont be trained or proficient with a handgun and will most likely cower down and run for his life if met with resistance. While we dont know that for sure, its highly likely. I am sick and tired of these liberals and their sissy nature. What a bunch of whimps.

#35 ·
"I am sick and tired of these liberals and their sissy nature. What a bunch of whimps."--DD

Dadgummit [paraphrased for the rating]
Maybe the water supply should have been filled with Clorox
instead of flouride a couple of generations ago.....
how in the world do so many of these igmo-sapiens keep
propagating.......
The gene pool is nasty.....it stinks to high heaven.......
POUR IN A TRIPLE DOSE OF CHEMICALS ASAP....!!

#37 ·
#38 · (Edited)
Well said. I also pray- a lot. God bless ya partner.
This was a reply with quote to skullfr's post near the beginning...

#39 · (Edited)
This vicious thing- I tell my wife all the time, if she's attacked, the gun doesn't stop the threat, she's gotta do things like scratch/puncture his eyeballs if she can. She cringes when I try and explain, but you and skullfr are so right. A woman (you know, anybody) has to be as brutal as the attacker, and really seriously try and push or gouge his eyeballs right out of his head, not just poke him like on of the 3 Stooges. Rape, severe beatings, death, these possibilities demand that kind of savage response.

amd this was supposed to quote aaa1911's post, don't know why the 'quick reply to quote' didn't work

#40 · (Edited)
exactly. the other thought to go along with that is this:

if people know that a significant amount of people are armed, they won't go nuts and shoot the place up in the first place!! unless they're suicidal of course... suicide by cop, suicide by armed citizens, whatever. I think just knowing most people are armed will deter most of these whackos
More people are armed.....that's why I think we should file class-action suits when things like the Batman movie shooting occur. If 3, 4, 5 people had been armed- even if they only saved one life- better than what happened. If a theater, restaurant, whatever says 'No Concealed Carry" then they are telling the BGs this is the place to rob. With everybody else suing for STUPID stuff, we should sue when these things happen. They intentionally endangered our lives, even use the 2nd Amendment saying they had no right to prevent me being armed.

#41 ·
I've been proposing that for a while and completely agree ^^, if some place posts 'no guns allowed' then they should be legally liable for any personal damage if some nut comes in and shoots the place. I bet those signs would come down faster than a lead balloon.

#42 ·
that would be a nice law... sure.. you can, as the prop, owner, declare gun (protection) free.. but then you are 100% liable for all damages and injuries relating to events where having your carry gun MAY have helped the situation.

#43 ·
I didn't say a law, by the way. I said we should file suit, if we are injured in the situation. This type of action is used to stop bad practices. Even if all someone won in the suit was medical expenses, it would sure make business owners stop and think before posting that sign. In fact, even if the suit was lost the owners would have that expense, and we know that we are concerned about legitimately shooting someone, for fear of being sued.

#45 ·
I have shot enough and trained doing so that if I raise my pistol, any pistol where I look is where the sights are. Fast sighting is not because I am that good. It is MUSCLE MEMORY.

With training it becomes automatic. That is why JERRY MICULIK is acurate even though his speed is blazing. His muscles remember. Contrary to the lib, anti gun anti military bozos, the Military does not make robots. The training is so that even under stress most can do what is needed automatically. Load, fire, clear a jamb, with everything going on around you your body does what it remembers even if your brain is busy.

Learn to shoot Point Shooting, putting night sights on your pistol looks pretty, but where the muzzle points the bullet should go. When PS become automatic, your eyes are already moving to the next threat even as you pull the trigger. Target shooting and nice groups are great but be able to hit a target wihtout the sights or offhanded. Plinking and aiming I can hit a golf ball 25 feet away, PS at 25 feet I can always hit a target. It aint dead center but it is on target.

At a range told Brother in law with his SW 357 to aim for the shoulder hit 3 of 4. Same gun I hit 4 of 4 PS never shot his pistol. As I said it is train, train, train. Had an instructor that said Rifle sights are needed. Pistol sights are not. You need to be aware of your surroundings, analyze the threats PS is fast when your muscles remember.

#46 ·
1.-Don't worry so much about preparing for life, that you forget to

live life.

2.-One sad fact I've learned is all the training in the world may not

prepare you for the situation you wind up in.

3.-We all have to die sometime, and even if it can be argued

that one can die well, living well is more important.

4.-Living life in such a way that you're not enjoying life is

pointless, from an individual's point of view.

5.-Everything in moderation, including moderation.

6.-"Living" out your life a stressed-out, over-compensating,

frivolously over anticipating, nervous wreck is no life at all.

Basically, get some training, then "run what ya brung". As

a CC, IME, you'll be calmer, more relaxed, and happier for it.

#47 ·
A truthful account about guns and gun ownership from ABC, not a chance in hell of this happening. ABC is just one of the propaganda arms of the Democrat Party, ABC also stands for All 'Bama Channel. Has anyone ever checked to see if George Steffanopolis is/was related to Joseph Goebles, another imfamous Propagana Minister, just curious.

#48 ·
I have shot enough and trained doing so that if I raise my pistol, any pistol where I look is where the sights are. Fast sighting is not because I am that good. It is MUSCLE MEMORY.

With training it becomes automatic. That is why JERRY MICULIK is acurate even though his speed is blazing. His muscles remember. Contrary to the lib, anti gun anti military bozos, the Military does not make robots. The training is so that even under stress most can do what is needed automatically. Load, fire, clear a jamb, with everything going on around you your body does what it remembers even if your brain is busy.

Learn to shoot Point Shooting, putting night sights on your pistol looks pretty, but where the muzzle points the bullet should go. When PS become automatic, your eyes are already moving to the next threat even as you pull the trigger. Target shooting and nice groups are great but be able to hit a target wihtout the sights or offhanded. Plinking and aiming I can hit a golf ball 25 feet away, PS at 25 feet I can always hit a target. It aint dead center but it is on target.

At a range told Brother in law with his SW 357 to aim for the shoulder hit 3 of 4. Same gun I hit 4 of 4 PS never shot his pistol. As I said it is train, train, train. Had an instructor that said Rifle sights are needed. Pistol sights are not. You need to be aware of your surroundings, analyze the threats PS is fast when your muscles remember.
Mike, welcome to the forum! I know that there are some here that take practice seriously. I don't mean shooting at a bullseys target, but shooting at a full sized B-27 sized target, and doing it on the move. If you are not moving in a gun fight, you are a stationary target. Movement will get you to cover, or concealment, if available. But you have to be able to place rounds on target as you move. Try moving while looking to get those sights adjusted, and alinged properly!
http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/self-defense-movement/
You should be moving before you get that gun out! Because the BG already has a gun in his hand!

#49 · (Edited)
Mike, welcome to the forum! I know that there are some here that take practice seriously. I don't mean shooting at a bullseys target, but shooting at a full sized B-27 sized target, and doing it on the move. If you are not moving in a gun fight, you are a stationary target. Movement will get you to cover, or concealment, if available. But you have to be able to place rounds on target as you move. Try moving while looking to get those sights adjusted, and alinged properly!
http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/self-defense-movement/
You should be moving before you get that gun out! Because the BG already has a gun in his hand!
One of the points of Point and shoot is you can move, aquire targets faster, because you are not taking a sec to line up your sight see a threat hit a threat. Learn the gun you carry. Learn with different guns. Your arm under stress will work for you, while your brain is assessing the situation. Use your pistol as an extensin of your hand point it like a finger here's an old Army vid on that kind of training. Also PS is keeping both eyes open.

#50 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.