do we as CCW had our heads up our arse?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by hunter29180, Aug 3, 2012.

1. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

I've been proposing that for a while and completely agree ^^, if some place posts 'no guns allowed' then they should be legally liable for any personal damage if some nut comes in and shoots the place. I bet those signs would come down faster than a lead balloon.
  2. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

that would be a nice law... sure.. you can, as the prop, owner, declare gun (protection) free.. but then you are 100% liable for all damages and injuries relating to events where having your carry gun MAY have helped the situation.
  3. jeffadaklin

jeffadaklin New Member

I didn't say a law, by the way. I said we should file suit, if we are injured in the situation. This type of action is used to stop bad practices. Even if all someone won in the suit was medical expenses, it would sure make business owners stop and think before posting that sign. In fact, even if the suit was lost the owners would have that expense, and we know that we are concerned about legitimately shooting someone, for fear of being sued.
  4. al45lc

al45lc New Member

Do the BG's practice? Something to think about.
  5. MikeH121

MikeH121 New Member

I have shot enough and trained doing so that if I raise my pistol, any pistol where I look is where the sights are. Fast sighting is not because I am that good. It is MUSCLE MEMORY.

With training it becomes automatic. That is why JERRY MICULIK is acurate even though his speed is blazing. His muscles remember. Contrary to the lib, anti gun anti military bozos, the Military does not make robots. The training is so that even under stress most can do what is needed automatically. Load, fire, clear a jamb, with everything going on around you your body does what it remembers even if your brain is busy.

Learn to shoot Point Shooting, putting night sights on your pistol looks pretty, but where the muzzle points the bullet should go. When PS become automatic, your eyes are already moving to the next threat even as you pull the trigger. Target shooting and nice groups are great but be able to hit a target wihtout the sights or offhanded. Plinking and aiming I can hit a golf ball 25 feet away, PS at 25 feet I can always hit a target. It aint dead center but it is on target.

At a range told Brother in law with his SW 357 to aim for the shoulder hit 3 of 4. Same gun I hit 4 of 4 PS never shot his pistol. As I said it is train, train, train. Had an instructor that said Rifle sights are needed. Pistol sights are not. You need to be aware of your surroundings, analyze the threats PS is fast when your muscles remember.
  6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

1.-Don't worry so much about preparing for life, that you forget to

live life.

2.-One sad fact I've learned is all the training in the world may not

prepare you for the situation you wind up in.

3.-We all have to die sometime, and even if it can be argued

that one can die well, living well is more important.

4.-Living life in such a way that you're not enjoying life is

pointless, from an individual's point of view.

5.-Everything in moderation, including moderation.

6.-"Living" out your life a stressed-out, over-compensating,

frivolously over anticipating, nervous wreck is no life at all.

Basically, get some training, then "run what ya brung". As

a CC, IME, you'll be calmer, more relaxed, and happier for it.
  7. Twicepop

Twicepop Member

A truthful account about guns and gun ownership from ABC, not a chance in hell of this happening. ABC is just one of the propaganda arms of the Democrat Party, ABC also stands for All 'Bama Channel. Has anyone ever checked to see if George Steffanopolis is/was related to Joseph Goebles, another imfamous Propagana Minister, just curious.
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Mike, welcome to the forum! I know that there are some here that take practice seriously. I don't mean shooting at a bullseys target, but shooting at a full sized B-27 sized target, and doing it on the move. If you are not moving in a gun fight, you are a stationary target. Movement will get you to cover, or concealment, if available. But you have to be able to place rounds on target as you move. Try moving while looking to get those sights adjusted, and alinged properly!
    http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/self-defense-movement/
    You should be moving before you get that gun out! Because the BG already has a gun in his hand!
  9. MikeH121

MikeH121 New Member

One of the points of Point and shoot is you can move, aquire targets faster, because you are not taking a sec to line up your sight see a threat hit a threat. Learn the gun you carry. Learn with different guns. Your arm under stress will work for you, while your brain is assessing the situation. Use your pistol as an extensin of your hand point it like a finger here's an old Army vid on that kind of training. Also PS is keeping both eyes open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcUcE3xCw8I&feature=related
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    skullfr posted this: This is a good article about our street level enemies.They also have many other good reports.Good SD always starts with good intel-never underestimate your enemy.

http://www.forcescience.org/fsinews/...their-weapons/
    08-04-2012 03:21 PM

Check out the link! It appears that the gangbangers do practice.
  11. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

along with continually training, you should study the self defense laws in your state and fully understand what you can and cant do...
  12. ryan42

ryan42 New Member