Do you belong?

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by lead, Nov 17, 2012.

1. lead

lead Active Member

In light of the recent election, and all the changes we may see pushed at us, I wonder how many of us are willing to spend a little hard earned cash and add our names to one of the groups fighting to protect our gun rights?
    I'll be the first to admit, I let my membership slide in a group well known for sending lots of unwanted mail. I get regular emails from another group that keeps us informed about subjects of interest, but I realized it's been 2 years since I renew membership with them.
    I'm embarrassed about this, and intend to rectify it. I think I would really like to turn on the news some time soon and hear one of the talking heads say, "Gun rights organizations have seen a dramatic increase in membership since then last election". I'd love to see the worry on his brow as he reports that we refuse to go down with a fight.
    I don't care who you join or how many, but vote with your membership dollars and make a statement that even the blind followers in DC can't miss.
  2. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

I do belong to the NRA and I bought my sons lifetime memberships this year.
  3. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Anyone that wants to keep their 2nd amendment rights should join the NRA. Both my son and I are members.
  4. musketshooter

musketshooter New Member

The organization you speak of is becoming a foot note in the history of politics. Their support did not affectively help the Republicans that could have made a difference in Washington. They wasted a lot of members money and did not get the results they predicted. They have been blinded from the reality of current politics by their dogged support of right wing nuts. Politics is a game of compromise and they will be an emasculated by-stander in the future. I am done donating to their "cause".
  5. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Limited income but I do what I can with lifetime memberships in the organizations I believe in.
  6. Dog Soldier

Dog Soldier New Member

NRA Endowment member, NRA Certified Firearms Inst. NRA Political Action. NRA Compt. Shooting programs for over 50 years. The NRA has been teaching firearms Trng. to the Military, Police and civilain population for 150 years. Join with 4 million gun owners and become an NRA Certified Inst. and do something for shootin sports.:)
  7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I am also an Endowment member of the NRA.

Member of Georgia Carry Organization which is similar to the NRA but at the Georgia state level.
  8. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Christmas is when I will renew my NRA. And of course my reloading back stock will be re-stocked. Yep, support the right cause.
  9. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I belong to several PRO 2nd amendment groups.
    I do not belong to a well known "compromising" group.

Either way, nothing seemed to help this last election. :(
  10. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

Nra thanks to Doubble D.
    and for life thanks to the wife.
  11. Donnie D

Donnie D New Member

OK then what would you suggest as an alternate course of action?

Donnie D :D
  12. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

The NRA led a huge charge in this election. Unfortunately, they couldnt get it done on their own. They still are the leading pro gun organization in the country and always will be. Until anyone can prove different, my support will continue to go to the NRA. Join today!
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  13. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I'm back with the NRA thanks to Double D. I realize that some of the mail you recieve can get annoying but........
  14. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks guys for reminding me that its time to do more membership giveaways!!
  15. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Put your mouth where your money is! Don't just join the NRA. Become active somewhere. If not with the NRA, join the Tea Party, or any other pro active group. Join your states militia, just become active at some level!